• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter

metalicwx366

This is what happens on here. If the model is showing warm, snoweless apparently it's useless, or isn't handling the pattern right. Like GAwx said a while back, only 3% of the precipitation that falls up there is in wintry form during the winter. You can't be disappointed when the models no longer show snow.

How dissapointed do you get when u have a 90% chance of windy thunderstorms, and you see dry and sunny? :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took it on myself to draw 182 model maps at 12 hour intervals.  There's hope.  Right at the last one there is a hint of some possible light snow for the interior SE just after the spring equinox  I can't post the maps, because I used MS Paint and I don't want to get banned. So you'll just have to take my word for the potential on the 2,184 hour map.  Keep hope alive!!

I took it on myself to draw 182 model maps at 12 hour intervals.  There's hope.  Right at the last one there is a hint of some possible light snow for the interior SE just after the spring equinox  I can't post the maps, because I used MS Paint and I don't want to get banned. So you'll just have to take my word for the potential on the 2,184 hour map.  Keep hope alive!!

It's always 1,952 hours away.

Folks ,

I think that Doc needs a doc. Don't let its past reputation sucker you into complacency about its accuracy. The debacle about 1/2-3 has already been discussed. Now the crazy 12z Euro run has a 1050ish Montana high that maintains it's 1050ish strength all of the way into the Ohio Valley day 10! It is not common for northern Rockies/Plains highs to go all of the way into the Ohio Valley and not weaken at least some. Yet, the Euro has been repeatedly doing that this winter only to verify with a much weaker high in that area. Anyway, this insane run has Chicago and nearby areas having a HIGH temp. on 1/7 of frigid -10's and lows on 1/ 7 and 1/8 of -20's associated with that 1050 mb high that it refuses to weaken. Don't get suckered into a model that just made a major blunder at only dayss 6-7. Any comments?[/quote

yes I believe it just like I believed the southern snowstorm 2 days ago!

It really is getting old. Either the cold air we do get for a couple of days is wasted because it's dry, or we get a ton of precip like today with no cold air around. Sometimes I wish it was just warm and sunny all the time and we didn't e.ven have a chance for snow ever again. Would make things a lot easier to take.

Be careful of what you wish for because that is the climate we are headed torward. 

More shares and historic ECMWF imagery fortelling of Frigid Cold from Bastardi on Twitter

ECWMF brings Siberian origin vortex to Great lakes day 9. Similar to severe 1994 outbreak at same time,we referenced http://t.co/VnglMc5EqI

ECMWF has 5k air near -50C poised to come into US in 168 hrs. Dont ever recall seeing that cold at 850mb http://t.co/k7ItsUgSvA

-22 850s in NW NC

The map that shows snow for Boone .Where does one find for thier area? 

I keep telling myself I live in the southeast, but yet I still want to look at every model run thinking it's going to show something exciting!  It's over Grover!!! JB just said a series of winter storms from the central plains to the east coast first 15 days of January. So there goes half of the month that He thinks no snow in the southeast! lol   BTW- Where's all the blocking that was going to send the CAD down here at least. Now that it's the time of year the air would be cold enough for at least ICE if we could get a CAD we can't even get the pattern to slow down enough to hold HP long enough for a CAD event.... Just simply awful :axe:   just venting a bit!!!

NFC South champions!  Go Panthers!

Cam Newton has acquired a lot of wisdom in his first years in the NFL.  He really handles the TV interviews well and with class.  He builds up his fellow teammates and speaks highly of the opponents.  If you read his lips when he hugged Tony Gonzalez, Cam told Tony that he had always looked up to him as a role model.  Good choice on his part, as Tony G is also a class act.

NFC South champions!  Go Panthers!

Cam Newton has acquired a lot of wisdom in his first years in the NFL.  He really handles the TV interviews well and with class.  He builds up his fellow teammates and speaks highly of the opponents.  If you read his lips when he hugged Tony Gonzalez, Cam told Tony that he had always looked up to him as a role model.  Good choice on his part, as Tony G is also a class act.

Yepp his seeking out of Tony G and what he said to him is why I like him so much.

Archived