• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

metalicwx366

According to meteostar the high on Friday will be like 29. Coincidentally that's the day I have to do a complete coilover install on my car in the driveway with hand tools.

I've solved above average temps! Just make plans to work outside and it will get cold.

You must like punishment! 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think I was deleted on the other thread this morning so I'll try this one.  I was saying this morning something has changed because back in the 60's it was nothing to get a great gulf low to produce a snowstorm in the NC Mtns.  we would have 5 or 6 big storms every winter, in fact we went to school quite a bit in the 60's on Saturdays because we missed so much school.  The 70's and 80's were also great years for snow.  Now we can't get the timing for the gulf lows with the cold air.  So why was it in the 60's 70's and 80's the timing was good and now we're lucky if we get one or two good storms a year.  I believe what goes around comes around so maybe the come around hasn't happened yet.  Was just wandering what has happened if its not the go around come around.   :cry:

Well I think I was deleted on the other thread this morning so I'll try this one. I was saying this morning something has changed because back in the 60's it was nothing to get a great gulf low to produce a snowstorm in the NC Mtns. we would have 5 or 6 big storms every winter, in fact we went to school quite a bit in the 60's on Saturdays because we missed so much school. The 70's and 80's were also great years for snow. Now we can't get the timing for the gulf lows with the cold air. So why was it in the 60's 70's and 80's the timing was good and now we're lucky if we get one or two good storms a year. I believe what goes around comes around so may the come around hasn't happened yet. Was just wandering what has happened if its not the go around come around. :cry:

-PDO or +AMO or high solar or something along those lines most likely.

Bastardi reiterated this morning the predominant pattern this winter would not favor SE snows. He mentioned he has seen nothing to deviate from that general pattern outlook.

Our best hope is to take what we can get in NC from any upslope snow, but even that is hard to come by as we get into the last 2 weeks of the core of winter this year.

I am not convinced there is anything on the immediate horizon to provide any blocking to slow this pattern down and give us a winter storm.

Correct Sir!  Good post

Long time reader but no post. I choose to follow the line often given, "Read More, Post Less. Idiot."

HOWEVER! I take pride in some ACC, especially football...and even MORE for the top 2 teams in the conference.

Duke hopefully will dominate Manziel and their offense and I KNOW The Seminoles will KILL the tigers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy New Year !

I have a question about northwest flow snow events in NC? I know depending on fetch and amount of moisture and Great Lakes connections amounts can vary considerably, but does anyone familiar to the mtns know of a spot that gets hit most of the times that is good to chase off of 40 or 26 possibly? I promised my son that we would drive to see snow if we can't get any down this way, and thurs night or fri could possibly be good? Any help would be appreciated!

Long time reader but no post. I choose to follow the line often given, "Read More, Post Less. Idiot."

HOWEVER! I take pride in some ACC, especially football...and even MORE for the top 2 teams in the conference.

Duke hopefully will dominate Manziel and their offense and I KNOW The Seminoles will KILL the tigers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoever Billt is. Devils up 21-3. ____

On a weather note. I'm feeling it. Gonna get my 8.5 inches of snow just like JB has forecasted. Probably around the time the Panthers win the super bowl in a few weeks. 

not a Duke fan what so ever.  I am a die hard unc fan but I jumped up off my couch when the duke wide receiver called for that block and then delivered one of the most punishing hits i've seen this bowl season.  I can't help but cheer for duke when they are playing against Johnny$$.  Hope they put up another 38.

This is night and day different than the ACC Championship Game.  I'm not sure if this says more about how good FSU is or how bad TA&M is.  Or, is it simply that David Cutcliffe is such an awesome coach that he game-planned tonight's contest perfectly?  Six possessions and six scores so far for Duke.  That last field goal came from the one yard line, too.  The onside kick was brilliant, and now Duke will get the ball to start the second half.  Yes, there is still one more half to play.  It's not over yet...

Go Duke!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the UNC support.  I'm not sure I could do the same if the shoe were on the other foot.  Could Duke actually win 11 games in a football season?

not a Duke fan what so ever.  I am a die hard unc fan but I jumped up off my couch when the duke wide receiver called for that block and then delivered one of the most punishing hits i've seen this bowl season.  I can't help but cheer for duke when they are playing against Johnny$$.  Hope they put up another 38.

How does a program on A&M level field a defense this terrible. Yes our guys/coaches are giving their best effort. But A@M is a top tier SEC program and a I swear a southern conference defense could do better than this. Amazed how soft they are. We'll still have to score 17 points in the second half to gurantee a W imo.

Happy New Year !

I have a question about northwest flow snow events in NC? I know depending on fetch and amount of moisture and Great Lakes connections amounts can vary considerably, but does anyone familiar to the mtns know of a spot that gets hit most of the times that is good to chase off of 40 or 26 possibly? I promised my son that we would drive to see snow if we can't get any down this way, and thurs night or fri could possibly be good? Any help would be appreciated!

I would suggest Beech Mtn. That's where I always snow chase.

Watch it Hvward die hard Duke Fan bud! Lol thanks for the support and wow what a first half. Way show everyone Duke is the real deal this year! Oh and Calc I think the ACC championship game was more about FSU really being a power house team than Duke not showing up. Great night to be a Duke fan. Had a great game today in Basketball and know football.

How does a program on A&M level field a defense this terrible. Yes our guys/coaches are giving their best effort. But A@M is a top tier SEC program and a I swear a southern conference defense could do better than this. Amazed how soft they are. We'll still have to score 17 points in the second half to gurantee a W imo.

Poor preparation?  Large Egos?  Honestly I think the level of play within the ACC is finally on the rise and we are starting to compete and dominate teams in other conferences, when our teams in-conference games are nose to the grindstone tough wins every single game.  Thats what these bowl games truly reveal in my opinion, how prepared you are and how tough the competition you played all year was.

Archived