joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol @ Walmart. It's packed like Black Friday and lots of people are returning the Christmas gifts they bought. It's funny to me. They buy all that stuff, take pictures and brag about all the stuff their children got, then return it. That's BS.

It's always been like this. Stuff doesn't fit. They get some of the same stuff from different people. So they exchange it.

Lol @ Walmart. It's packed like Black Friday and lots of people are returning the Christmas gifts they bought. It's funny to me. They buy all that stuff, take pictures and brag about all the stuff their children got, then return it. That's BS.

Wait a minute....you think people take pictures of stuff their kids got and return it after Christmas? That's messed up. I doubt that's why Walmart is packed unless Waycross is just a messed up area.

I'm squarely putting all my chips in on this event.

Lol. Yep, time to put all of our chips on this one in 200 year or so event for far SE GA and N FL as modeled by the 12Z GFS for 1/7/14. The last time something even close to this around Jacksonville, FL, and Brunswick, GA, was almost definitely way back on January 9-11, 1800, based on everything I've read. However, that was a much longer duration. As modeled this is a less than 12 hour dump. Incredibly unrealistic but very entertaining!

Edit: clown maps of my provider (more accurately drawn...none of this rectangular BS) actually do show 1"+ of snow extending SW from Wilmington, NC, down the SC/Ga coasts and into N FL through Jacksonville and Gainseville and SW of there to the Gulf SE of Appalachicola. Heaviest amounts shown are a ridiculous 8-9" for Brunswick/SSI GA and a small area between Jacksonville and G'ville, FL. Those heaviest amounts for N FL would be alltime heaviest known.

Edit: Waycross gets 4"! Savannah/CHS 2-3".

Boxing day is second to Black Friday as the busiest retail days of the year.  So yes the parking lot will be full.  And no not everyone is returning the toys they gave their kids.  

When did we start celebrating Boxing Day? The Canadian contingent in the SE must have really swollen of late ;)

Y'all play nice. We're on our way to becoming a "board of hate".

Lolz.  And also, I'm bringing out the popcorn...looks like someone on the long-range discussion thread is getting a little out of hand.  John Wayne over there may need to calm down a bit, he seems like a prime candidate to get hit with the banhammer.   :weenie:

Archived