Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Wednesday Soaker Discussing

CT Rain

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CNE is being a bit generous, no?

I'm definately in CNE expecting the storm to either start as rain or switchover before any measurable accumulation.

I see a cpl hours of potential wintery wx at start , but this is over to rain quickly imo and only upslope spots will have snow at end imo. Big rain storm for most south of vim toot and east of spine of greens.

Go to Dallas for winter...ugh.

Incredible wind signal on the NAM.   Warm sector instability would likely mix a lot of momentum down...  FRH grid in with 40 to 45kt sustain middle BL flow.   

What a fantastic weather week.   Just the enormous sea-saw of sensible weather, going from a -3SD type air mass to a +3SD, back to -2SD ... And much to the chagrin of the winter weather heads, nary a flake.    Well ... for most.  

I saw that, that's ripping.

There is also actually some weak lift that comes through tomorrow morning from the mid-level WAA...its pretty dry but it might be enough for some light snow or flurries...esp western areas.

If it starts as ice in those hills tomorrow night, I think it wouldn't last more than a couple hours...and it would be marginal.

I don't expect ice.  Maybe a few flakes, but then bring on the deluge.  I'm ready.  With this coming so close by, I imagine we'll avoid much of the wind that folks further east will enjoy.  We'll get some on the back end though.

A lot of spots may end as some inconsequencial snow.

Mood flakes melting in the puddles.

26.6/10

Euro didnt trend like 150 miles east? Lol i throw in the towel. BTV's AFD seems a lot snowier than models show, what are they up to?

Give up the ghost, someone might see an inch or two in extreme northern New England with maybe some wrap around at the end if you want to believe it. This is primarily a rain event and has been for days.

Updated day 2 outlook

98ewbg.gif

Give up the ghost, someone might see an inch or two in extreme northern New England with maybe some wrap around at the end if you want to believe it. This is primarily a rain event

It is primarily a rain event, but if Pickles is going to be in C/N VT, he has an interest in it and there's likely to be an upslope response on the backside. It's not necessarily "wrap around" in the sense most people think of it, but I bet there's more than 1-2" out of it. The larger grid models will always underestimate that NW flow QPF in these parts.

Fresh off the Presses, looks like WPC is liking the higher totals.

fill_98qwbg.gif

Give up the ghost, someone might see an inch or two in extreme northern New England with maybe some wrap around at the end if you want to believe it. This is primarily a rain event and has been for days.

Updated day 2 outlook

98ewbg.gif

they drop that 4.24 right on the pit. Lotsa qpf there.

ot....new nokia phone is great for the reading the board, decent for models. Glad I put the iPhone through the laundry.

Euro didnt trend like 150 miles east? Lol i throw in the towel. BTV's AFD seems a lot snowier than models show, what are they up to?

Well it's tough for them....the eastern part of the CWA is almost flooding rain going to upslope snow, while the western part might just be heavy snow throughout. Out in the Saint Lawrence Valley they will have all sorts of winter issues as if it's not snowing, that place is notorious for icing. Same with the Adirondacks in this set up.

BTV's largest concern is likely the winter weather aspect in NNY.

Archived