Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Wednesday Soaker Discussing

CT Rain

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer strong S/SSW

Yeah, this is a better direction.  I see the stypical locations getting the higher gusts.  Higher elevations and the typical Eastern areas (MQE, HYA, CHH, EWB)  TAN probably max out in the 40-45mph area.  Still have to figure out if it's a siting issue with the ASOS that keeps those higher gusts from popping there as well.

Yep , not surprised at all, some had said they start as snow and end as rain, the opposite seemed to be the case to me

I feel like everyone has been talking about possible upslope on the backside up here. Sort of depends on how quick the low deepens as it passes us. If it stays strung out and doesn't consolidate, we don't get the deep layer cyclonic flow.

And yes it probably starts as 1-3" of wet snow, I see no problem with that.

Yep , not surprised at all, some had said they start as snow and end as rain,  the opposite seemed to be the case to me

* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW WILL BEGIN TO FALL LATE TUESDAY

NIGHT...CHANGING OVER TO A MIX OF SNOW...SLEET...RAIN AND

FREEZING RAIN BY WEDNESDAY MORNING. BY LATE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

AS COLDER AIR RETURNS TO THE AREA...PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE

BACK TO ALL SNOW WITH THE BEST CHANCES OF ACCUMULATING SNOW

WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

Snow to rain to snow.

upslope snowfall galore...after a drenching rainstorm.

Yeah. One must remember, too...that Watch is the same watch issued from Massena, NY to the NH border. When you read it, it sounds a lot more wintery than reality might be.

I've already heard a lot of people say it won't really rain because the watch makes it sound like snow/mix/snow...not 1-3" snow then borderline flooding rains, then some upslope. That may be true from the Adirondacks west, but I'm surprised they didn't break out VT from NY and issue different statements.

That is an absolute 6hr deluge along and north of that low track with tremendous frontogenesis in the lower levels. Someone is getting a sh*t ton of rain and it may be the Berks. That's an ominous look for them.

dc up through western new england is a lock for at least 2"+

That is an absolute 6hr deluge along and north of that low track with tremendous frontogenesis in the lower levels. Someone is getting a sh*t ton of rain and it may be the Berks. That's an ominous look for them.

most of the heavy rain is in C-W MA for sure, we get the wind, still 1.5-2" will be a nice change for us.

Anyone want to help a weary traveler and give me an ETA for when the heaviest downpours are going to be hitting BAL-PHL-NYC-BOS?

I have to drive from Baltimore to Boston sometime between Tuesday evening and late afternoon Wednesday and am trying to figure out the best time to go.

I was planning on hitting the road around 4 a.m. Wednesday and getting to Boston before noon and the worst of the traffic, but now it seems that might keep me under the heaviest rains for pretty much the entire trip.

Anyone want to help a weary traveler and give me an ETA for when the heaviest downpours are going to be hitting BAL-PHL-NYC-BOS?

I have to drive from Baltimore to Boston sometime between Tuesday evening and late afternoon Wednesday and am trying to figure out the best time to go.

I was planning on hitting the road around 4 a.m. Wednesday and getting to Boston before noon and the worst of the traffic, but now it seems that might keep me under the heaviest rains for pretty much the entire trip.

Better have a good pair of wipers. I think you have some pretty heavy rain the whole way. It might get more showery in nature east of the CT river after 12pm or so.

Archived