EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Wednesday Soaker Discussing

CT Rain

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the NAM does this by having that elongated front with a weak wave move north and then stalls it as new energy comes around and develops the final wave along the front. Part of the NAM overzealous amounts is due to the length of time we have such strong convergence along that front.

Not to mention that insane 925m LLJ that it has working into the lift.  

Well the NAM does this by having that elongated front with a weak wave move north and then stalls it as new energy comes around and develops the final wave along the front. Part of the NAM overzealous amounts is due to the length of time we have such strong convergence along that front.

I still think we see consolidation to one low.

Yea I see something like the euro ensembles. Kind of a strung out look and then consolidating near and north of our latitude.

Yeah, it's just difficult to have to distinct low pressures. Atmosphere seeking equilibrium and models have a difficult time interpreting it. I'm more excited about this storm than I am about today.

Bigger story with this will be the winds than the rain. Many Folks facing turkey day powerless is crazy

If this shifts back west about 50 miles it would put strong winds over those towns in CT that apparently lose power easily. (The towns near you with 70-75% out) so i could see that being the case. Also its red flag that forky is all gung go, as he has a bit of a wind fetish.

Archived