joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday Soaker Discussing

CT Rain

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a lot more weenieism surroundng this storm than usual...especially given both the time of year and the lead time. I think a lot of it is people want to jump into winter after pretty much no interesting weather for 8 months. We had a pretty dull summer.

It also had a brief chance of developing into something more wintery. Albeit a very tiny sliver

Did accums for SNE even make it inside of d5 on the euro for this system?

Not that I can think of, except possibly for Mitch out in Lennox

I also don't think anyone ever gave it a big chance other than a flip early or at the end

Not sure why the mets are so worked up. Lots of animosity and put downs going in in here.

Not that I can think of, except possibly for Mitch out in Lennox

I also don't think anyone ever gave it a big chance other than a flip early or at the end

Not sure why the mets are so worked up. Lots of animosity and put downs going in in here.

You guys are getting too defensive. No one is ripping the hobbyists or educated amateurs. E-Hugs for everyone.

You guys are getting too defensive. No one is ripping the hobbyists or educated amateurs. E-Hugs for everyone.

Yeah, I mean a met disagrees with a hobbyist and its now frowned upon as "ripping" or "pig piling"?

I dunno, I think people need to chill out.

I mean, this is supposed to be a way to share info and educate people I thought. The tone has changed.

Anyway, I am still rusty after a long dry endless summer. Looking to see what next weekend brings now

It def has, , i AM not one to CRY on a wx board, but it is more than one or two posters who see this wether it is a joke to many or not. Some Mets /mods could use more patience at times and SOME need to realize 2 major things.

Not everyone needs to look at what will go wrong with a forecast to not be let down, its a more depressing option , but a option none the less. You can be positive and look at what can go right and shrug off a event that ends up raining, it isn't a monumental achievement. Many of us think like this .

Not everyone is focused on the CP of sne , many are very interest'd this time of year on the NNE mountains wrt skiing. That is not going to change

I think the bigger issue is some are bother'd by optomistic views and those who think of what can go right bc it flys in the face of their pessimism and makes them somewhat uncomfortable, these are the people that should prob chill and are aggravated in first place

It def has, , i AM not one to CRY on a wx board, but it is more than one or two posters who see this wether it is a joke to many or not. Some Mets /mods could use more patience at times and SOME need to realize 2 major things.

Not everyone needs to look at what will go wrong with a forecast to not be let down, its a more depressing option , but a option none the less. You can be positive and look at what can go right and shrug off a event that ends up raining, it isn't a monumental achievement. Many of us think like this .

Not everyone is focused on the CP of sne , many are very interest'd this time of year on the NNE mountains wrt skiing. That is not going to change.

Sounds like Kevin...wanting to discuss hope and optimism instead of reality. Most good mets aren't wired that way. Not every system goes your way. There's a time to get excited and a time to look ahead. I don't fault you for being optimistic though...just saying how we may have a different perspective than you.

Eyes rolling predictable ... there was as smoldering, though non-disclosed hope, that T-G would end up white, and now that it is looking hopeless, there is a transition from smoldering hope to smoldering "fight picking"

It's part of the group theory for emotive weather enthusiasm.  

Anyway, the NAM did actually tick E a tiny bit.  The baroclinic axis was roughtly DCA - ALB in the 12z, now more DCA to ORH (between 60 and 70 hours).  

Sounds like Kevin...wanting to discuss hope and optimism instead of reality. Most good mets aren't wired that way. Not every system goes your way. There's a time to get excited and a time to look ahead. I don't fault you for being optimistic though...just saying how we may have a different perspective than you.

With that said, I think we've all said PF has an outside shot, but guidance doesn't look great right now. Even the 2nd wave idea is fruitless for most unless we manage some mid-level CAA out ahead of it. Anyways, I'm not going to stray this too much OT...we love you all. Different folks, different strokes.

Overreaction. It's just the usual met response to weenie posts. Let's not create a faux met vs hobbyist war. We've never wanted a met only forum, but at the same time we can't let weenieology run rampant.

This is very true but on the same token if you're not going to allow weeniesm you should also be mindful of the reverse which has been occuring at times.  I haven't understood the pulse of this board lately.  We've had what was clearly going to be some savage cold sandwiched around periods of warmth...in short good weather for this season and yet everyone is still anxious.  I think in this pattern we're going to battle inside vs outside storm track repeatedly and it's going to be a long early winter if things don't change a little.

I think you misunderstood me. This is in reference to the squalls last night...I wasn't clear. I meant that we don't have to use the old WINDEX check list...you can recognize certain synoptic setups that may cause them.

Scott no  misunderstanding I was more commenting on how I could see peoples feeligns getting hurt.  I think we all need to keep in mind what made this place great and it was a mix of personalities, education levels etc.    Every year my interest wanes a little and I've paid very little attention this fall aside of the general pattern and opportunity but I still enjoy reading.  As someone who has posted compartively very little the last few weeks I'm just surprised by teh tone and I'm not sure what's going on.

As Will said in the last post...I think everyone just needs to chill.  I don't think this is a winter where everything is going to work out, we'll have plenty of threats and probably plenty of wintry events but we will have messes/inside runners too and I just hope everyone relaxes a bit.

I very much respect that met view point, W the caveat that my point of interest the last 3 days has been central and northern vermont,(since that is where i will be ) so i am discussing reality. Hope and optimism in that area is about as close to reality their as pessimism and "lock up the warmth".

Archived