Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Wednesday Soaker Discussing

CT Rain

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give up the ghost, someone might see an inch or two in extreme northern New England with maybe some wrap around at the end if you want to believe it. This is primarily a rain event and has been for days.

Updated day 2 outlook

98ewbg.gif

Aren't u the nyc threads resident weenie

Yes this is mostly a rainstorm , but for upslope areas in N greens they don't need back end snows , they get upslope , and much more than inch or two. How else does stowe and jay like up over 325 inches a year. Not via "wrap around snow. Upslope baby. My guess is 8-12 at jay and 6-10 for stowe/smuggs/bolton.

I wonder how my Wednesday AM flight out of BDL will be. Hopefully, they won't get too windy at the valley floor, but if things mix out they could get quite gusty. Current 12z NAM soundings suggest they will warm sector and mix for a while by 15z, so getting out could be tough. It should make for a bumpy and interesting ascent though.

I also want to take this opportunity to define and clear up some low track nomenclature. While often used interchangeably, and with good reason, the terms "cutter" and "inland runner" mean somewhat different things to me. I like to reserve the use of "inland runner" to a low that tracks east of the Appalachians, but inland (i.e. up the Hudson Valley or over SNE), while a "cutter" is a low that tracks west of the Appalachians (i.e. up through DTW or ORD). I often like to use I-81 as an approximate divider between them.

Of course, a coastal low or nor'easter is best for the weenies in SNE. I typically define those as tracking along or S and E of I-95.

I wonder how my Wednesday AM flight out of BDL will be. Hopefully, they won't get too windy at the valley floor, but if things mix out they could get quite gusty. Current 12z NAM soundings suggest they will warm sector and mix for a while by 15z, so getting out could be tough. It should make for a bumpy and interesting ascent though.

I also want to take this opportunity to define and clear up some low track nomenclature. While often used interchangeably, and with good reason, the terms "cutter" and "inland runner" mean somewhat different things to me. I like to reserve the use of "inland runner" to a low that tracks east of the Appalachians, but inland (i.e. up the Hudson Valley or over SNE), while a "cutter" is a low that tracks west of the Appalachians (i.e. up through DTW or ORD). I often like to use I-81 as an approximate divider between them.

Of course, a coastal low or nor'easter is best for the weenies in SNE. I typically define those as tracking along or S and E of I-95.

Buckle up. You will rock around good.

euro has 35-40 knot 10-m winds on the Cape. pretty impressive for a time. for a lot of the region though, think there's a better chance for "high" wind wed night into thursday as CAA gets underway. 

What time of night Tuesday/morning Wed does it show for arrival? Wondering about ferry and plane cancelations. Thanks.

Multi-faceted wind potential ...   

WCB; then "ribbon" echo convection with dynamic momentum transfer; then there is a bit of an isallobaric wind acceleration hinted -- though I'd like to see a better +PP component to this.  

Either way, PP bombs from the mid 990s to the mid 970s, as the low is leaving the region, should result in some jet engines..    

Archived