e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Wednesday Soaker Discussing

CT Rain

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowing moderately this morning commuting from the midcoast to Portland. Here in the west end of Portland, about .3" of snow so far. Light wind.

26.4°F

LOL, John.  When you were posting this, my mother-in-law in Bath called to say it was snowing and wanted to know if the roads would be okay for her trip down today for a long Thanksgiving visit.

I'm not buying the wintry weather tonight--at least not to the level BOX has in their AFD (first bolded).

MAINLY FOR NORTHERN AND WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS INTO SOUTHWEST NEW HAMPSHIRE LATE TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING. A WINTRY MIX CERTAINLY PLAUSIBLE WITH LIGHT ACCUMULATIONS UP TO AN INCH BENEATH WEAK-LAYER FORCING BEFORE CHANGING OVER TO ALL RAIN. SOMEWHAT OF A CHALLENGE TO PIN DOWN EXACT TIMING OF TRANSITION. ANOTHER BOUT IS POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR THE SAME LOCALES. LIGHT ACCUMULATIONS THE FOCUS OF WHICH WILL BE ALONG WESTERN SLOPES OF HIGHER TERRAIN

WRT Mitch--the AFD's talking the west slopes on the CAA. He may not be high enough, but won't get downslopes there. Maybe I'm placing him in the wrong area?? (second bolded)

Oh I thought you meant tonight for Mitch.

LOL, John.  When you were posting this, my mother-in-law in Bath called to say it was snowing and wanted to know if the roads would be okay for her trip down today for a long Thanksgiving visit.

LOL. It will all wash away over night. There are quite a few reports of slide offs on I-295 and I-95. Folks with the hammer down on the snow covered roads should have to take their driver's test over again.

27.0°F

LOL. It will all wash away over night. There are quite a few reports of slide offs on I-295 and I-95. Folks with the hammer down on the snow covered roads should have to take their driver's test over again.

27.0°F

I was always amazed at how many cars would drive off 295.  I was flying a lot more then than I do now and was doing the drive to PWM at least once a week giving me a good look at what happened during winter events.

Just found out my elderly father-in-law is ill so they're not coming down.  I might have a last-minute TG plan and have to go up there.  FTL.

I love when MPM plays the role of met.

LOL--I'm just seeing the warm air flooding in and not enough to keep the ground-level cold in place.  If there were a snow pack to help mitigate warmth, I'd be more optimistic.

25.7/23

Well it generally trended a little east on 6Z runs ..mainly it seems because they are keying in on almost a two wave scenario now as the energy hanging back causes the second wave to be the one that starts to bomb out a little further east. It has some ramifications for northeastern NY and Powderfreak anyway.

Disappointing that track is where it is.  Another 50 miles or so east and we'd have a bit more wintry back-end.  Close but no cigar.

It's getting a little complex because it seems like the vort catches up to it and low sort of reforms/repositions. The 6Z GFS was over Ginx and then over southern NH to Vim Toot eventually. :)

Yes it seems something begins to occur which is why i think the burlington disco mentions accums tomm eve in the champlain valley east (which as i read it is apart from upslope) but we shall see.

Archived