• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Wednesday Soaker Discussing

CT Rain

In the end, they went with HWW for tomorrow morning.

High Wind Warning

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
1138 AM EST TUE NOV 26 2013

...STRONG TO DAMAGING WINDS LIKELY LATE TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY...

.SOUTH TO SOUTHEAST WIND GUSTS UP TO 60 MPH ARE LIKELY AS A STORM
SYSTEM INTENSIFIES AND TRACKS ACROSS WESTERN NEW ENGLAND LATE
TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY. STRONGEST WINDS WILL BE ACROSS INTERIOR
SECTIONS OF RHODE ISLAND AND SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS INCLUDING THE
GREATER BOSTON AREA.

MAZ013>021-RIZ001>007-270045-
/O.UPG.KBOX.WI.Y.0020.131127T0500Z-131128T0500Z/
/O.NEW.KBOX.HW.W.0005.131127T0900Z-131127T1800Z/
WESTERN NORFOLK MA-SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA-SUFFOLK MA-
EASTERN NORFOLK MA-NORTHERN BRISTOL MA-WESTERN PLYMOUTH MA-
EASTERN PLYMOUTH MA-SOUTHERN BRISTOL MA-SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH MA-
NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI-SOUTHEAST PROVIDENCE RI-WESTERN KENT RI-
EASTERN KENT RI-BRISTOL RI-WASHINGTON RI-NEWPORT RI-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FOXBORO...NORWOOD...CAMBRIDGE...
BOSTON...QUINCY...TAUNTON...BROCKTON...PLYMOUTH...FALL RIVER...
NEW BEDFORD...MATTAPOISETT...FOSTER...SMITHFIELD...PROVIDENCE...
WEST GREENWICH...WARWICK...BRISTOL...NARRAGANSETT...WESTERLY...
NEWPORT
1138 AM EST TUE NOV 26 2013

...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 1 PM EST WEDNESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A HIGH WIND
WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 1 PM EST WEDNESDAY. THE
WIND ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATION...SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS INCLUDING THE GREATER BOSTON
AREA AND ALL OF RHODE ISLAND.

* WINDS...SOUTH-SOUTHEAST 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 60 MPH.

* TIMING...LATE TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY.

* IMPACTS...DAMAGE TO TREES...POWER LINES...AND PROPERTY ARE
POSSIBLE WITH WIND OF THIS MAGNITUDE. POWER OUTAGES ARE LIKELY.
TAKE ACTION NOW TO SECURE ANY LOOSE OUTDOOR OBJECTS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A HIGH WIND WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS OF 40 MPH ARE
EXPECTED FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR...WITH GUSTS OF 58 MPH OR GREATER
AT ANY TIME. DAMAGE TO TREES...POWER LINES...AND PROPERTY ARE
POSSIBLE WITH WIND OF THIS MAGNITUDE. POWER OUTAGES ARE LIKELY.
TAKE ACTION NOW TO SECURE ANY LOOSE OUTDOOR OBJECTS.

&&

$

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

changing the way our weather boards have run since the 90's?

Should I congratulate Joplin on their EF-5?  How about Tacloban on their Cat 5 Super Typhoon?  Maybe I should congratulate Japan and Malaysia on their Tsunami?  Am I not entitled to my opinion that I find the practice of congratulating people on snow a little strange?

Should I congratulate Joplin on their EF-5?  How about Tacloban on their Cat 5 Super Typhoon?  Maybe I should congratulate Japan and Malaysia on their Tsunami?  Am I not entitled to my opinion that I find the practice of congratulating people on snow a little strange?

All of the examples you listed are situations that were catastrophic...you can't be serious that you are trying to compare congratulating someone on snow to something as catastrophic as what you listed...wow

All of the examples you listed are situations that were catastrophic...you can't be serious that you are trying to compare congratulating someone on snow to something as catastrophic as what you listed...wow

Well to me, they are all weather, save for the tsunami.  Why treat one differently than another is all I am trying to point out.  What makes "snow" so special that it deserves a congrats any more than a passing rain shower or gust of wind?  Congratulations on all of it!  It's the weather, it's why we are here on this forum, no?

Well to me, they are all weather, save for the tsunami. Why treat one differently than another is all I am trying to point out. What makes "snow" so special that it deserves a congrats any more than a passing rain shower or gust of wind? Congratulations on all of it! It's the weather, it's why we are here on this forum, no?

Your posts are somewhat concerning of late.

And if there wasn't snow in this area, there wouldnt be a weather board. You are entitled to your opinions, as are people who congratulate others for weather they both enjoy (snow of any sort) To try to stand on a soap box over angst for posters congratulating other posters on snow on a snow lovers board seems like trolling and extremely "un-mod" like.

Ha ha . I know tone doesnt come across but i typed that as a joke, i figured some may get riled up

The flakes this morning over E MA were a treat. What i would pay to replace that puke Canadian clipper of a day or so ago that appears to be rotting with a Quebec High pressure.

This probably would have been a high impact winter storm for our region if we didn't have that clipper up there where it was. It really ruined everything in terms of keeping the cold in. At one point, the ensembles had a solid high up north with the clipper out of the way...which was a pretty wintry look.

Your posts are somewhat concerning of late.

And if there wasn't snow in this area, there wouldnt be a weather board. You are entitled to your opinions, as are people who congratulate others for weather they both enjoy (snow of any sort) To try to stand on a soap box over angst for posters congratulating other posters on snow on a snow lovers board seems like trolling and extremely "un-mod" like.

It's just an opinion I hold.  Many here freely express theirs.  I'm usually reserved and it's just something I will never get or understand.

It's just an opinion I hold.  Many here freely express theirs.  I'm usually reserved and it's just something I will never get or understand.

agreed.  Congratulating someone on the weather outside seems, well- I just don't get it.

Newborn kid? Congrats! Job offer? Won the lottery? Congrats! Congrats!  The rain changed over to snow? Congrats?

This probably would have been a high impact winter storm for our region if we didn't have that clipper up there where it was. It really ruined everything in terms of keeping the cold in. At one point, the ensembles had a solid high up north with the clipper out of the way...which was a pretty wintry look.

It sure did crap things up, and not just for us. I am interested (mildly) in seeing if those 6-12 inch snow forecasts in the dak's actually workout or if the mid levels torch n NY quickly tomm am. Seems the mid levels warm'd a cpl hours ahead of schedule in PA, but that is just based on a comment by a met in the PA thread. Oh well, as i have said I'll be in VT tomm pm and originally i thought i would have been g2g for some snow there and perhaps i can squeeze a cpl inches out tomm eve w back end energy and some residual upslope (well east of spine)

I would like everyone to pause and take this opportunity....

CONGRATS EVERYONE, for without you there would not be an us.

So I'm out picking up few last minute missing trims I noticed everybody is bundled-up. I'm walking around in a t-shirt. 

Um last minute shifts to the East... Interesting, very interesting but stupid. Rain is rain only the axis of hvy qpf will shift only a minutia this late in the game.

It ain't gonna to snow! 

It's just an opinion I hold. Many here freely express theirs. I'm usually reserved and it's just something I will never get or understand.

Thats fair. It just seems as thou you understand it but dont like it, so you make a stink about it. Its a comment that means "im glad ur seeing snow bc snow brings a small emotion of happiness to some of us who are snow lovers. I.e im glad ur seeing flakes bc im sure you are enjoying them, geico simple.

Well to me, they are all weather, save for the tsunami. Why treat one differently than another is all I am trying to point out. What makes "snow" so special that it deserves a congrats any more than a passing rain shower or gust of wind? Congratulations on all of it! It's the weather, it's why we are here on this forum, no?

Didn't see this

Congrats on the clouds. I will be in KTAN Thursday

Some kind of upstream blocking might have held the high in longer, but absent that it comes to extreme luck in timing.

It's starting to snow seriously here now, after about three hours of glorified flurries.  29 degrees.

It sure did crap things up, and not just for us. I am interested (mildly) in seeing if those 6-12 inch snow forecasts in the dak's actually workout or if the mid levels torch n NY quickly tomm am. Seems the mid levels warm'd a cpl hours ahead of schedule in PA, but that is just based on a comment by a met in the PA thread. Oh well, as i have said I'll be in VT tomm pm and originally i thought i would have been g2g for some snow there and perhaps i can squeeze a cpl inches out tomm eve w back end energy and some residual upslope (well east of spine)

Snowing lightly here at the Pit.

Just told my daughter the guinea pig has kicked--sad.

Just dug the hole.  Tough digging.  Probably same reason they had such a tough time digging the pool.

30.4/23

OT here but, years ago my neighbor was the cemetary commissioner in Brookfield, VT.  She would call spring "planting season" because thats when everyone who died during the winter would be buried.  Winter in New England is a doubly tough time to die.  Loved ones grieve when someone passes only to have to revisit those feelings again when the ground thaws

Archived