EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Wednesday Soaker Discussing

CT Rain

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, but whatever makes you sleep comfortably. I can't wait to hear weenies cry if the pattern sucks.

After winter this weekend, it's deep meh until the flowing weekend. Maybe a rainy coastal.

:lol:

I get the sense you are close to getting more satisfaction out of seeing the frigidairs meltdown than you would out of an actual snowfall, haha.   But its good to balance it out otherwise this would just be a runaway train to weenie-ville.

I just wish he'd look at models once in a while, but it's fine. For some reason I'm the bad guy for being realistic lol.

Haha, realism here makes you a pessimistic person.  Why bother looking at the models?  The dialog is usually the same, and you can anticipate the responses pretty easily. 

Person 1...The pattern might turn a little mild or meh for a bit judging by the ensembles.  I'd keep expectations in check.

Person 2...They are probably wrong.  Look for it to be colder.

or

Person 1...The pattern looks pretty cold and snowy on the ensembles going forward.

Person 2...Yeah they have been really accurate as of late.  Lock in deep winter and start chucking. 

Perhaps the next GTG can take place at a Yoga/Mediation center. Perhaps some Age-regression therapy ...going back to a time when snow changed to rain repeatedly as a child and exploring the angst.

Radar is filling in and it looks like folks nw of 495 will break out as wintery precip at onset and out west the usual suspects may get an inch or two w a bit of glaze . Chris's mpm wxmanmitch.

Based on some of the tangents on these threads lately the next GTG should take place on Dr Phil's couch.

Preparing for tree and property damage here. It's going to be an ugly soaker.

scrolling thru the different sub forums ........there are plenty of "meltodwns" in PA ...some peeps sitting at 33F and just pouring copious amounts of rain-hideous.

Then there are those in central Pa getting serious icing........a poster at 1600' near Binghamton,NY who is 33 and rain (UGH) and then a fella near Youngstown, Ohio with 4 on the ground already.

NE OHIO looks like they are gonna get a crushing snow. I think NW PA and SW NYS could get into some big totals as well.

Also look at the GOM radar....Squalls all the way down to the SW of Key West just off Cuba. Damnnnnnn. Lots of moisture. I hope some areas in Upstate NY get obliterated...I think White Face is gonna be on the fence for a monster hit. Over to the Highlands around Saranac Lake as well. Just a crushing Wet snow bomb potentially.

scrolling thru the different sub forums ........there are plenty of "meltodwns" in PA ...some peeps sitting at 33F and just pouring copious amounts of rain-hideous.

Then there are those in central Pa getting serious icing........a poster at 1600' near Binghamton,NY who is 33 and rain (UGH) and then a fella near Youngstown, Ohio with 4 on the ground already.

NE OHIO looks like they are gonna get a crushing snow. I think NW PA and SW NYS could get into some big totals as well.

Also look at the GOM radar....Squalls all the way down to the SW of Key West just off Cuba. Damnnnnnn. Lots of moisture. I hope some areas in Upstate NY get obliterated...I think White Face is gonna be on the fence for a monster hit. Over to the Highlands around Saranac Lake as well. Just a crushing Wet snow bomb potentially.

Meh... 2" so far in geauga county - snowbelt of ne oh. Riding a razors edge here with the synoptic snow. Lake enhancement will hopefully deliver later tonight/tomorrow. Nothing special so far.

Jeeez, I know you were saying you buy the higher totals wherever the best conditions set themselves up, does the 95 corridor seem pretty locked to you?

Well it's weird. This first batch may favor central

and western areas but the second wave of rain favors east. That throws a wrench into things, but the BTV WRF has it all in the same area, hence the totals. It could be the 95 corridor that does well, but I think central MA FTW perhaps. SREFs actually dropped QPF a bit so I wonder how much

will fall. If these bands train like the BTV WRF has

Then that's how someone gets prolific rains in a short period. That model disagreement makes it difficult to see how much will fall and where.

Just checking in everyone. We are 33F over 30F in Eastern Brunswick ME. Spitting snow right now. Seeing that temps at 3000-4000 feet are above freezing based on GYX radar I see us seeing a brief period of FZRA before WAA takes over. Well I will check in tomorrow with rainfall updates and winds! have a good night!

Archived