EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Wednesday Soaker Discussing

CT Rain

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Arrowsic Island. Low tide in that capture. Had some ice on the cove yesterday. Tide cycles pushed the ice up into the lower part of my yard.

Nice.  I remember taking walks along the river at the southend boat launch--it was always neat to hear the ice sliding down the river crashing into rocks and other floes.

Got a 1.5" gift here this morning....

Same deal in downtown Albany.  Felt like mid winter.  Snowed most of the morning.  Beautiful day and terrible driving.  Looks like some more light snow is approaching from the SW, but it won't last long.  It will be interesting to follow radar trends tomorrow for any bonus snow at the end.  I'm thinking Cobleskill to Glens Falls is the eastern edge of accumulating tomorrow, but it could still get interesting.

This next batch of precip working in might have some wintry precip with it. Dews are still well down into the teens across the area. Won't be surprised if some folks start as snow and then go to sleet/zr this evening(MPM extended icing)

Maybe it's time to renew my Weathertap subscription--really like their winter radar.

29.6/24

I was just speaking to a guy near Allentown, PA and still hanging onto snow there...for the moment.

Same deal in downtown Albany.  Felt like mid winter.  Snowed most of the morning.  Beautiful day and terrible driving.  Looks like some more light snow is approaching from the SW, but it won't last long.  It will be interesting to follow radar trends tomorrow for any bonus snow at the end.  I'm thinking Cobleskill to Glens Falls is the eastern edge of accumulating tomorrow, but it could still get interesting.

where do you think it sets up?  Just east of the front?

Along and just ahead or west of the WF that moves in.  I don't think it's east of the front since we don't have the convergence, but probably just along and ahead/west of it. It might not be as much as the NAM shows, but I could see big amounts. Still disagreement as to where this is. Methinks western MA and maybe VT, but I would hold off until seeing the euro. 12z SPC WRF probably will have an idea.

Along and just ahead or west of the WF that moves in.  I don't think it's east of the front since we don't have the convergence, but probably just along and ahead/west of it. It might not be as much as the NAM shows, but I could see big amounts. Still disagreement as to where this is. Methinks western MA and maybe VT, but I would hold off until seeing the euro. 12z SPC WRF probably will have an idea.

Still think someone sees 5"?

That might be overdone, but 3-4"+ maybe in favored areas? Perhaps a bit more in an iso spot. Some models try to develop a WCB band that could shift the axis east and take away totals a tad, but a good rain producer.

Looking at the Euro on SV, It has 2.5-3" over central mass east and into extreme SNH

Archived