• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
General Obs and Banter Away - Will It Be A November to Remember?

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to my untrained eye, this season is sort of evolving similar to 2002. it started cold, then we got that decent storm in early december. It warmed up again, that snow all melted, then it was off to the races on xmas. i am sure the patterns were different, but that is how it seems to me. i can keep dreaming.

yep November 2002 was one my favorites. I'll never forget Thx-giving morning ... it was like 10 degrees with snow on the ground and a biting wind. that subsequent winter was awesome and may be my favorite.

My parents keep worrying about their drive up here from Maryland because they see all these weather maps predicting snow in much of PA and other areas along the route. I kept seeing this one from NBC that was put out over a week ago pop up on news site. Why on earth has the media been hyping this storm as a major northeast winter storm. It's just about entirely rain for the vast majority of people on the east coast. The hype is so annoying.  :axe:

I insisted that they shouldn't worry about whichever route north they want to take it'll be pretty much rain everywhere between Baltimore and Amherst then Boston which is the route they have to take, and of course they were like well you're probably right, the weather people always exaggerate things.  :axe:  :axe:

This terrible map was put out less than a week ago and kept showing up in all the news stories for the last 4 days. Fail.

post-1511-0-27574400-1385511753_thumb.jp

If you need to go to plan b for t-giving or want to borrow a generator, let me know.

Thanks Mike!   We're good, heading to my sister's.

My brother and I wired in a transfer panel last summer so I've got genny power to half the house. As long as I have hot water, toaster/coffee and stereo I'm good. lol    Thing is so damn loud though.

Big azz tree came down across Plain Rd.  Sorry Wizz, no pics, forgot my phone when I went to investigate.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Archived