• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
General Obs and Banter Away - Will It Be A November to Remember?

HimoorWx

Not that they can afford it, but it would be nice if the NWS had some sort of PR officer or something that could do stuff like that

Or we could just pick their brains on AmWx

I kind of like that most of those kinds of stories you hear/see ("the last time...", or "it's happened X times before") come from someone on the local end asking themselves the question.

Like I'm sure many of you may have seen the tweet about 100 or so of the roughly 200 November tornado warnings in IL were issued with that last storm.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing how clueless some TV people are. During a svr wx event I can't tell you how many times I've see a met ask in NWS Chat "When was the last time we were under a tornado watch in such and such month."

A - who cares

B - why are you wasting the time of nws mets to go back and look lol

So they can tie in into global warming or some other agenda....

I see very little of that from local TV mets to be honest. 

Yeah it seems to be the national outlets that play that angle with weather events.

I think a lot of it has to do with local mets knowing climo better in the region. An example might be hurricanes...most local mets are aware of the prolific hurricane history New England has had, while it might be missed by national outlets looking for a more sensationalist story.

Ugh I finished mine today. Stupid oak leaves are finally down. Nice feeling after your done but man does it suck to do.

Glad my new apartment is within an apartment complex...now I don't have to deal with shoveling snow anymore...especially a corner house with 4 walkways plus the driveway

I may have 60 bags when all said and done lol. Easily. Only have about 4 bags worth left.

The one good thing I like about living in a condo is professional landscaping so I never have to worry about that...but do look forward to owning a house someday and having to tackle the leaves. It's like a rite of passage.

Archived