• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
General Obs and Banter Away - Will It Be A November to Remember?

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Praise Jesus trees are bare. Of course the yard is now disaster on one side, but wind FTW on the other with blowing leaves to neighbors.

I tried that, rake to the downwind-side. So Sunday I moved the piles to the north-side of property. (to wet to move)  Monday's FROPA and the secondary jet blast last-night, all for not. Many years on this date not a leaf to be found, I mulch with the mower and deposit in raised bed garden. Can't win. Dr. recommended slowing down on the rehab.        

It's funny how memories change, Jerry was bullish too, the famous ,the pattern changes the 10 th and complete by the 25 th was his forecast in Nov for Dec

It's true but what folly! I was bearish until the squirrels copulated right in front of me. I took it as a sign and flipped 180. But I was pimping the futility record and you Nd Kevin were pissed at me. Lol...you were the last to give it up...lol.

It's true but what folly! I was bearish until the squirrels copulated right in front of me. I took it as a sign and flipped 180. But I was pimping the futility record and you Nd Kevin were pissed at me. Lol...you were the last to give it up...lol.

I sure was, always held out hope in the face of disastah. My 90+ degree ski adventure was a top lifetime memory though.

Just found out that fatal accident on 84 in Tolland today was a 24 year old photographer. He was on his way to my daughters school to do picture retakes this morning when it happened. Sad

Bet he fell asleep at the wheel...he veered off the left side of the road, hit the median and went airborne into oncoming traffic...sad indeed.

http://www.wtnh.com/traffic/incidents/crash-on-i-84-in-tolland-closes-lanes

It's funny how memories change, Jerry was bullish too, the famous ,the pattern changes the 10 th and complete by the 25 th was his forecast in Nov for Dec

Both of you are usually pretty bullish going into a winter...not that its a bad thing.  Its the most exciting part of the year for most of us...anything is possible.

Ran into three black bears today crossing a trail up near 3,500ft... couldn't get the camera out of the backpack quick enough to get a photo before they disappeared into the dense spruce forest, but here are some paw prints.  Decent sized bears.

Awesome!  Were the bears eating off the picnic tables?  :hurrbear:

Once in a while I think to myself what a great decision I made to travel to MA for the Feb blizzard last year. I'm a Philly native, and while I could barely afford it I decided on the last minute to drive up there. Probably the best decision of my life! It still slightly sucks that I just missed the CT 30-40", but hey, I'll take the 24-27" I got, and the memory I will always hold as a snow-nut. I did kind of feel like an Eagles fan rooting for the Cowboys, kind of dirty, but it was well worth it. 

Lesson, if you really love weather, go the extra mile, take a road trip, it'll be worth it. I know I'd be kicking myself for a long time if I didn't drive up. Hell, I actually took a 2nd road trip in March for the VA "bust" snowstorm. I ended up with like 6" when I had 1-2" forecasted. lol. No regrets though. 

Once in a while I think to myself what a great decision I made to travel to MA for the Feb blizzard last year. I'm a Philly native, and while I could barely afford it I decided on the last minute to drive up there. Probably the best decision of my life! It still slightly sucks that I just missed the CT 30-40", but hey, I'll take the 24-27" I got, and the memory I will always hold as a snow-nut. I did kind of feel like an Eagles fan rooting for the Cowboys, kind of dirty, but it was well worth it.

Lesson, if you really love weather, go the extra mile, take a road trip, it'll be worth it. I know I'd be kicking myself for a long time if I didn't drive up. Hell, I actually took a 2nd road trip in March for the VA "bust" snowstorm. I ended up with like 6" when I had 1-2" forecasted. lol. No regrets though.

what you traded for snow depth was incredible winds, welcome to NE, you know now why we are obsessed and literally insane.

Archived