• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 Obs/Banter/Complaining/Sarcasm

Ellinwood

Mapgirl-  I live on the other side of 83 from you (off Timonium Rd) and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your little one.  Just after her 3rd birthday, my 6 yr old daughter was in the hospital for two weeks with RSV, pneumonia and the flu SIMULTANEOUSLY.  I was never more scared in my life.  She fully recovered and has wrapped me around her growing finger.  We have great healthcare providers around here.  Here's to a speedy recovery and some sleep and peace-of-mind for you.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

live webcam from arapahoe basin. 10/10

attachicon.gifabasin2.JPG

Oh I could dive into that right now. Just did Field Day at my girls school. Outside from 8:30 till 3. The cool shower I took when I got home only put a dent in cooling me down.

MapGirl sorry to hear that your little one is in the hospital. My thoughts for a speedy recovery for her.

Oh I could dive into that right now. Just did Field Day at my girls school. Outside from 8:30 till 3. The cool shower I took when I got home only put a dent in cooling me down.

MapGirl sorry to hear that your little one is in the hospital. My thoughts for a speedy recovery for her.

No fire truck hose cool off for the kids ( and parents?)

88 for the high at the nearest official reading and 91 for the nearest wxbug reading.  hot for our new daily evening walk but we survived.  (my husband had a stroke 2 weeks ago and we are in full-on recovery mode.  thankfully it was a rare type of stroke not caused by a blockage which could affect anyone of any age and he has no intellectual or physical deficiencies (it only affected 2 mm of his brain)).

Wonderful that your husband is doing well! I think the best time to walk now is after 9 pm. The dog won't even go out in the daytime in this weather. He just thinks I am crazy when I open the door for him.

thanks for the kind words.  :)  you are right that later is better for walking in these temps in May, but he is up at 5 am for work...  once your dog and we all are acclimated to the temps it will be better. 

We are actually in the hospital. She may have viral meningitis ...

I'm sorry and hope that both families are on the road to recovery soon.  Reading what you all are going through makes complaining about the weather seem a little petty.

It really wasn't too bad yesterday.  It was on the warm side, but certainly not unbearable if you throw on some shorts and a t-shirt.  Besides...things that grow - like fruits and vegetable and flowers - actually do well in warm weather.  Yay for the warm!

While I like it for things to grow and generally do not mind a hot day, having to work out in it at my girls Field Day yesterday it was not bearable. While they were inside for some of their activities and a long lunch they were out for most of the day. I started outside at 8:30 and after a lunch break was back out till after 3 in direct sun. My clothing was soaked from the sweat at the end. The kids and adults alike were spent, and the only thing that brought them back was the fire truck which hosed them all down at the end. It was down right nasty out yesterday.

Archived