northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2nd half of April, general forecast ideas and banter

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taylor Swift bought the Harkness House for 17 Million cash in Watch Hill. I have been inside that place doing some plumbing when I was a kid. It is crazy huge and the view of BI sound and LI sound is

spectacular. The light house keep at Watch Hill said during Sandy the spray from crashing waves was going over the HH. That's about 100 ft above the Ocean Screenshot_2013-04-28-18-37-20.png

The Harkness family = all kinds of money back in the day.  I worked on renovation work at Harkness State Park Green Houses where Eolia is located, another awesome past Harkness residence.

(not like anyone gives a sh*t)

The Harkness family = all kinds of money back in the day. I worked on renovation work at Harkness State Park Green Houses where Eolia is located, another awesome past Harkness residence.

(not like anyone gives a sh*t)

17 Million cash, and people don't watch baseball because they are overpaid but buy music everyday.

Taylor Swift bought the Harkness House for 17 Million cash in Watch Hill. I have been inside that place doing some plumbing when I was a kid. It is crazy huge and the view of BI sound and LI sound is

spectacular. The light house keep at Watch Hill said during Sandy the spray from crashing waves was going over the HH. That's about 100 ft above the Ocean Screenshot_2013-04-28-18-37-20.png

That's awesome... hopefully we'll get to see Taylor one of the times we're at Watch Hill this summer. 

What an epic fail for the Euro Ens, dry begets dry.

They were never really wet for SNE. At most they were like 0.05" in SW CT which is nbd given the time range for an ens with 51 members. It is pretty much looking AWT...cooler and cloudier down there to start the week.

Nice to see April at least near to just below normal for most areas. Despite that, the sunshine is really what makes things pop so leaf out looks near normal to me....at least near BOS.

Definitely would like rain to relieve my allergies and my son's apparent allergies too. That ain't happening though.

This is great weather coming up. Perfect with temps in the 60s to some low 70s in the lower spots. Lets keep this for another 4-5 months and then we can go back into winter.

Euro ensembles still advertising that potential for wetter weather beyond the first week of May. The OP run out near D10 didn't look as promising, but that is all on clown range right now.

Nice to see April at least near to just below normal for most areas. Despite that, the sunshine is really what makes things pop so leaf out looks near normal to me....at least near BOS.

Definitely would like rain to relieve my allergies and my son's apparent allergies too. That ain't happening though.

it's been brutal this year.  One of my sons has bad allegeries-his eye almost swells shut...we have RX for eyedrops....enough rain here that we might wash some of the pollen away--ground is almost wet with another batch trying to move in...55/48

it's been brutal this year. One of my sons has bad allegeries-his eye almost swells shut...we have RX for eyedrops....enough rain here that we might wash some of the pollen away--ground is almost wet with another batch trying to move in...55/48

Allergies haven't been too bad on my sinuses...but they are doing a number on my eyes. Have some prescription drops that I usually only need once or twice a season...but needed them the past 3 days. A touch of rain would be nice, but I also wouldn't mind a light mosquito season.

It's just so strange to see so many folks around town with sprinklers on in April. I thought I was the only nut, but saw plenty of them over the weekend. If you've planted grass seed you have no other choice but to water.

Great wx pattern but an overnight soaking one night would do wonders. Also one of the latest leaf outs I can recall. I wonder if that had to do with cool nights, low soil temps, or lack of rain or a combo?

Sun has broken out and its tickling 60 already

It's just so strange to see so many folks around town with sprinklers on in April. I thought I was the only nut, but saw plenty of them over the weekend. If you've planted grass seed you have no other choice but to water.

Great wx pattern but an overnight soaking one night would do wonders. Also one of the latest leaf outs I can recall. I wonder if that had to do with cool nights, low soil temps, or lack of rain or a combo?

Yup planted some grass at the beginning of this mini drought (just my luck), have had to water religiously, and just barely have germination today.

I haven't seen anyone in my town using a sprinkler, most folk's lawn's are barely out of dormancy.

I haven't seen anyone in my town using a sprinkler, most folk's lawn's are barely out of dormancy.

You must live in a special area. It's been several degrees warmer at 1000feet farther north than you everyday. All lawns are nicely greened up and several on my street have already had to mow. Mine needs to be cut this weekend. Maples are leafed out with tiny leaves and azaleas and magnolias all in beautiful bloom

Archived