amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2nd half of April, general forecast ideas and banter

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are alone in the doom and gloom world, your garden and lawn will survive the brutal April sun today.

Yeah. I have been loving this weather. I was mocking 44F and sunny, but not mid 60s. This is great.

The torch outlooks were a big fail for April. I actually thought we'd end up like a +1 or +2 this month back before it started because there were signs of a big warmup in the 2nd half after the well advertised chilly start. It never materialized, but its not like we replaced warmth with frigid backdoor coldfronts and drizzle. Just a lot of 61/35 type days which is fine with me.

Yeah. I have been loving this weather. I was mocking 44F and sunny, but not mid 60s. This is great.

Man you just hated the 40s and sun, lol.

I would be hating on it now that we are later in the spring and are getting used to warmer temps, but in the seasonal progression it felt warm. Funny how that works...a month ago I would have shorts on outside at 45F but right now that would require a jacket and flannels.

Same thing with 60 now feeling down right warm vs 60 in late August requires Blizz to do his morning run in tights and a jacket lol.

I do agree that as winter lovers, 40s in spring (sun or not) can be painful as you are forced to accept winters over. If only we could go from 34F and rain/snow mix to sun and 65F...like ripping the bandaid off quickly.

Man you just hated the 40s and sun, lol.

I would be hating on it now that we are later in the spring and are getting used to warmer temps, but in the seasonal progression it felt warm. Funny how that works...a month ago I would have shorts on outside at 45F but right now that would require a jacket and flannels.

Same thing with 60 now feeling down right warm vs 60 in late August requires Blizz to do his morning run in tights and a jacket lol.

I do agree that as winter lovers, 40s in spring (sun or not) can be painful as you are forced to accept winters over. If only we could go from 34F and rain/snow mix to sun and 65F...like ripping the bandaid off quickly.

45F and sun never felt warm enough for me to do anything outside that I enjoyed. If I lived on a ski mountain I may have felt different about it.

45F and sun never felt warm enough for me to do anything outside that I enjoyed. If I lived on a ski mountain I may have felt different about it.

Haha, yeah I did enjoy doing yard work but that's about it. I really think by that point it was more about seeing the sun and actually thinking I could feel its warmth. I know you joke about the SAD stuff, and I don't know if its that, but there is something invigorating about the spring sun after like 5 months of clouds.

I'm with you all the way from here on through the summer...a nice summer of 75-80/50 type stuff is perfect.

Will and I also equate 45 and sun to a wasted 31F snow because many times that's what the atmosphere supports when precipitating.

Yeah that is also true. All those airmasses with -4C 850 temps and it is sunny with a temp of 45/14 outside...and you are missing a big storm by 200 miles.

Completely useless.

Yeah that is also true. All those airmasses with -4C 850 temps and it is sunny with a temp of 45/14 outside...and you are missing a big storm by 200 miles.

Completely useless.

Yeah exactly...end of March and early April had that feeling, but tough to complain with the 6 week stretch we had.

Summers are meant to be hot and humid with storms. Winters cold and snowy. Seasons performing as seasons.

Most people who live here love those cooler and drier periods. They don't love New England because of a few dying tstms and humidity. Our summers are great.

Summers are meant to be hot and humid with storms. Winters cold and snowy. Seasons performing as seasons.

Our summers are not very hot and humid climatologically in comparison to most of the country. In the CT valley they do get some of that but even BDL still only averages 19 days of 90F+ per summer. ORH averages 3, PVD 10, and BOS averages 8.

Our summers are not very hot and humid climatologically in comparison to most of the country. In the CT valley they do get some of that but even BDL still only averages 19 days of 90F+ per summer. ORH averages 3, PVD 10, and BOS averages 8.

Well yeah I don't mean to insinuate that our summers are that HHH at all. Just that nice hot, humid wx is part of summer . Think how great we all felt that day in BWI when we stepped out of your car and tasted that 103/76 stuff at the conference. We were laughing and giddy like schoolgirls. We loved it.

Well yeah I don't mean to insinuate that our summers are that HHH at all. Just that nice hot, humid wx is part of summer . Think how great we all felt that day in BWI when we stepped out of your car and tasted that 103/76 stuff at the conference. We were laughing and giddy like schoolgirls. We loved it.

We obviously have our hot days, but talk to any native and they'll tell you our cool periods are why the summers here are so nice. Since you are from NJ, I would not expect you to understand.

Archived