joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2nd half of April, general forecast ideas and banter

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another frosty start to the day. We have had 5 frosty mornings out of the last 7. No leaves yet, but the lawn is looking lush and green.

From the wx cam just a few minutes ago.

Trees around my place might be a tad ahead, not unusual given your ocean influence, but that lawn is well ahead of my neighbors' (won't include our sad excuse for lawn.)  Some tiny green showing on the sugar maples (more in Augusta), and the red maples are covered with blossoms.  A few trout lilies have begun to bloom and the trilliums are starting to open.  Our forsythia came to full bloom in yesterday's 71F sunshine.

April temps for the 4 "major" locations in GYX/CAR CWAs look a bit odd:  BGR was -1.5 while CAR/PWM/CON were all +0.1 to +0.3.  All the stations were dry, with around 1.5" precip, less than half climo, except for CAR which was 1.40" vs 2.66" avg.

Trees around my place might be a tad ahead, not unusual given your ocean influence, but that lawn is well ahead of my neighbors' (won't include our sad excuse for lawn.)  Some tiny green showing on the sugar maples (more in Augusta), and the red maples are covered with blossoms.  A few trout lilies have begun to bloom and the trilliums are starting to open.  Our forsythia came to full bloom in yesterday's 71F sunshine.

April temps for the 4 "major" locations in GYX/CAR CWAs look a bit odd:  BGR was -1.5 while CAR/PWM/CON were all +0.1 to +0.3.  All the stations were dry, with around 1.5" precip, less than half climo, except for CAR which was 1.40" vs 2.66" avg.

That is odd. For my location, again ocean influence, I ended April at -1.20°F. Precip was 2.22". I guess it's all in the way the wind blows this time of the year.

that isn't possible. Best spring ever in torchfield!

It was 3 above and 3 below at BDR: +0.4, -0.3, -1.1, +2.7, +4.2, and -2.8. So a six-month average of +0.5. We can call it a new pattern when we've gone 7 out of the last 10 below normal or two straight years of below normal.

You always tell Coventry in the winter that his thermometer is too close to the sun lol

The seasonal transformation is 100% complete now. Kevin's thermometer has now gone from colder than ORH consistently in the winter to warmer. The changing of the seasons is always something to look forward to.

The seasonal transformation is 100% complete now. Kevin's thermometer has now gone from colder to ORH consistently in the winter to warmer. The changing of the seasons is always something to look forward to.

It's what we do, it's who we are

We have confirmation.

Archived