amirah5
2nd half of April, general forecast ideas and banter

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.01 in the bucket lol.

-4.43 since March 1.

7 days of absolute BSE III weather on the way, 13 out of 14 classico perfectioniones this time next week we will be around 6 inches below normal precip since March 1

Turn on your irrigation systems tough times ahead for those that have seeded or are going to seed, may God give us rain soon...........this is becoming a major issue in the gardener world.

God help us

How does what make a weenie icon from a phone'. This is worthy of at least a double.:)

0.01 in the bucket lol.

-4.43 since March 1.

7 days of absolute BSE III weather on the way, 13 out of 14 classico perfectioniones this time next week we will be around 6 inches below normal precip since March 1

Turn on your irrigation systems tough times ahead for those that have seeded or are going to seed, may God give us rain soon...........this is becoming a major issue in the gardener world.

God help us

0.01 in the bucket lol.

-4.43 since March 1.

God help us

What kind of soil do you have?  After an epic winter, the groundwater table should be fairly high, unless the soil is sandy and extremely well drained.

For mby this has been about the most normal spring I remember.

Jerry unfortunate non-weather events notwithstanding I can't remember a more normal spring in recent memory.  This is terrific.  It's nice each day, sunny, not reaching for the AC or fan.  No wind.  No fog.  No drizzle days and low clouds.  I mean..it doesn't get any better than this up here IMO for all of us.

In fact it's so nice Scooter has stopped telling us about the days and days of east winds on the Euro Ens... ;)

Amazing John Dees deepest depth was 45 on March 20th, second deepest max 44 inches on April 20th, now at 40

From his latest journal:

A visitor to the site did a little statistical analysis of the snow data from my records and came up with some interesting charts to show just how unusual the past 4-6 weeks have been. This first chart plots the snow depth for the past 14 years. Interesting to see that this year was setting records for the lowest depth in early January and then set records for the deepest depth from around March 20th to current. The second chart shows the impact that this year has had on the average snow cover. Basically showing it had little impact through the traditional snow on the ground period, but then went ballistic from mid March on- when the snow typically starts to melt in earnest.

Jerry unfortunate non-weather events notwithstanding I can't remember a more normal spring in recent memory. This is terrific. It's nice each day, sunny, not reaching for the AC or fan. No wind. No fog. No drizzle days and low clouds. I mean..it doesn't get any better than this up here IMO for all of us.

In fact it's so nice Scooter has stopped telling us about the days and days of east winds on the Euro Ens... ;)

That sounds better than normal?

What makes it nice, is that fact that it's been so dry. Onshore flow is ok when we have a big high to the north and drier air pushed SW. The east wind phobia usually results from a stalled warm front to our south with WAA aloft and a big inversion helping to form low clouds and drizzle. We simply have not had that for the most part aside from last week.

What makes it nice, is that fact that it's been so dry. Onshore flow is ok when we have a big high to the north and drier air pushed SW. The east wind phobia usually results from a stalled warm front to our south with WAA aloft and a big inversion helping to form low clouds and drizzle. We simply have not had that for the most part aside from last week.

Much like the first failed pattern this winter when "most" things were ideal but the storms kept missing it goes to show that in the longer ranges things can still be unclear.

To me this is just ideal spring weather.  Days of birds singing and sunshine.  I love it.  Usually it's blowing 20 off the water from one direction or another down here.  Not this spring.

Much like the first failed pattern this winter when "most" things were ideal but the storms kept missing it goes to show that in the longer ranges things can still be unclear.

To me this is just ideal spring weather.  Days of birds singing and sunshine.  I love it.  Usually it's blowing 20 off the water from one direction or another down here.  Not this spring.

Well it's right, but a couple of hundred miles too far SW. Things like that can't be determined 10 days or more out...hell even a week out. It's pretty crappy over the MA right now. It's always good to be cautious when models show a front stalled to our south or southwest, but for now...we are on the good side of things. For what it's worth...the models were good inside the last week. No model really showed crappy wx here...it was all kept SW.

what type of wx are u missing that it sounds less than normal? Another 46f rainstorm w ne winds?, its been very very nice last cpl weeks

Yeah that's what I'm saying... sounds like a better than normal spring down along eastern MA from what you guys are saying.  You haven't been in low clouds and drizzle for weeks while the western half of New England is experiencing the sunshine and nice wx. 

I consider normal spring for you guys to be something that makes you all want to jump off the Tobin... at least that's the impression I get on this board when all of you talk about "spring."  haha. 

Archived