joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just took a look outside after working on some things inside and there has been some light snow - everything's coated but there are just flurries now so I think it's coming and going.  Now, if that one band along I-84 would lift a little to the NW, I'd be in real business.

Looking at the mesoscale analysis, either the low area is broad or there are two centers attm:

http://www.spc.ncep.noaa.gov/sfctest/new/viewsector.php?sector=16#

radar is really depressing here, big beautiful band hanging out just under LI. must be horrible to be on the south shore of LI, you can probably see it snowing over the ocean from your window. Some models think it moves in and hits us, I'm not confident on that, if NAM caves, it's over for this round...

-skisheep

Looks like mostly snow here now even with the warm temps...36.1/33

Like everyone else, winds are ripping. Just shook the house

Not expecting anything much here overnight. Thinking I'm right on the line when the firehouse starts cranking tomorrow. With any luck the Euro temp profiles will be spot on

Winds in the mid 50s on the Cape. Nice line headed towards SCT SRI

36.4/32 - Drizzle/Very Light Rain

Interesting to note that although the precip is VERY light, once it began, the temp did fall from 37.8 to where it is now at 36.4 in about 20 minutes and it continues a steady decline. 

Will post what that line does once it reaches here.

Wind has been the most noteworthy item of the storm thus far... Gusts approaching 50.

Close to FIT, closing in on an inch, driveway walkway etc snow covered. Very wintry evening.

I drove from Cambridge to Greenfield tonight (7pm - 9pm) and the heaviest snow was from FIT to Gardner.  Probably mod snow with trees covered and road covered in places.  Once I hit Templeton area it had gone to flurries and then dry roads past Orange.

Archived