amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice band overhead here now.Over an inch of new OTG..You can see the valley effect clearly on radar.

Scooter you think this keeps up like this today before the main show tonight?

Well there is one lonesome frontogenesis band over you. Tough to say if that stays put anf the rest of the moisture links in, or it weakens. It looks like it should persist for a while anyways. 

SN- broke out around 6:30 or so, by 7 it's been a real, solid SN. WWA issued for up to 2" this morning from this big band, and then the one that's over the middle of CT heading west. A nice morning suprise, very wintery! Coating on the round already, sticking to nonpaved surfaces well.

-skisheep

Local districts and schools getting caught with their pants down I think.

Air travelers may be too. Was really surprised to hear Noyes last night going out of his way to downplay any impacts on Logan, aside from wind-related delays. It seems that, in general, a lot of people have forgotten that snow really can stick to pavement in Boston in March.

Air travelers may be too. Was really surprised to hear Noyes last night going out of his way to downplay any impacts on Logan, aside from wind-related delays. It seems that, in general, a lot of people have forgotten that snow really can stick to pavement in Boston in March.

Of course it can..it just depends on rates. 

SN- broke out around 6:30 or so, by 7 it's been a real, solid SN. WWA issued for up to 2" this morning from this big band, and then the one that's over the middle of CT heading west. A nice morning suprise, very wintery! Coating on the round already, sticking to nonpaved surfaces well.

-skisheep

Don't get too excited. I'm in the band to your east...just light snows. Not really sticking anymore. Gonna have to wait until this eve to get back into accumulating snows in valley and the shoreline.

Don't get too excited. I'm in the band to your east...just light snows. Not really sticking anymore. Gonna have to wait until this eve to get back into accumulating snows in valley and the shoreline.

Yep, nice burst here earlier dropped .25, now almost completely melted.  Tonight is the old toss up, back this way might be too far west, these situations almost always end up north and east.

I think the whole thing is collective fear of overhyping. It's ironic because doing that in the blizzard saved lives most likely.

Guess it looks better on radar than it does in person? The one over here was real SN for a while, down to SN- now. What's your take for tonight, Upton sticking with 4-6", does that seem high to you?

-skisheep

nice band overhead here now.Over an inch of new OTG..You can see the valley effect clearly on radar.

Scooter you think this keeps up like this today before the main show tonight?

Yeah, there's S- here in Springfield but nothing to show for it.  When I left home there was close to an inch.  Funny to see grass here.  Radar seems light west of the valley but we'll see how this band moves.

Archived