joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest snow depth maps showed 0-1" for orh prior to today.  Is that correct?

See my pic above...lol. Though there is a gradient in town...lot ofgrass showing in the southern part of town and lower down. There is 100% snow cover here on the north side at 900 feet...even sun torched spots have >4"...avg is prob 8-10" depth.

See my pic above...lol. Though there is a gradient in town...lot ofgrass showing in the southern part of town and lower down. There is 100% snow cover here on the north side at 900 feet...even sun torched spots have >4"...avg is prob 8-10" depth.

Yeah,  it looked pretty solid but the pic is dark and blurry.  It looks starkly contrasted to the snow map,  saw that earlier today and couldn't believe that your hood was bare.    

Yeah,  it looked pretty solid but the pic is dark and blurry.  It looks starkly contrasted to the snow map,  saw that earlier today and couldn't believe that your hood was bare.    

That river forecast center map is really smoothed....here is the NOHRSC map...its overdone a bit, but it gives the general idea much better as it remotely detects frozen liquid.

2jdkoj6.jpg

The dot is ORH airport (I'm a few miles north of that)...you can see how just east in the southern part of the city down low, its nearly down to nothing, but the surrounding areas including North Worcester has solid snow pack...the city in reality is really almost sliced in halfinto two climate zones...the northern (or slightly west of north) half vs the other half.

Is it just me or does radar look way more ominous than guidance has it? Look off Cape Cod..nevrmind the stuff already happening

Yeah, certainly seems like it, but will it weaken as it pushes west? 

Southeast Tolland County is really getting smoked by that band...

From what I saw, stuff like the 4k nam for ex: had this heavier stuff in here around 1-3z,  so it's late.

Is it just me or does radar look way more ominous than guidance has it? Look off Cape Cod..nevrmind the stuff already happening

2im2yjc.jpg

From what I saw, stuff like the 4k nam for ex: had this heavier stuff in here around 1-3z,  so it's late.

I have pretty much ignored the NAM. I'm mostly comparing ground truth to the Euro...the NAM is a joke and not close to simulatng reality.

Archived