joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that band was what was going to bring the snow tonight according to the latest models, although I may be wrong...

-skisheep

not sure where it's going to come from then.   And it's took warm to stick to anything anyway (if it even snows)  Tomorrow night is our chance...we're cooked tonight....

must be very light, don't see anything on OKX or BOX radar for you

speaking of that radar, OKX radar filling in nicely over northern NJ, that stuff hopefully will move east with time. also starting to get some stuff into the city, I'd say it starts snowing probably around ten here, although it might(probably?) not accumulate...

-skisheep

Its snowing steady. Coventry will be on to verify

must be very light, don't see anything on OKX or BOX radar for you

speaking of that radar, OKX radar filling in nicely over northern NJ, that stuff hopefully will move east with time. also starting to get some stuff into the city, I'd say it starts snowing probably around ten here, although it might(probably?) not accumulate...

-skisheepIts snowing steady. Coventry will be on to verify

he verified above

what a case of have's and have not's in DC. BL temps torch'd .....over metro areas of dc / balt. yet very big totals in hills /ridge's well SW of city and decent totals NW of city......not happenin in philly and Bl temps putrid in E NJ as well. where that NW deform band is crankin.

right now we have damn cold 850's in place....these are model'd to moderate later after midnite and for tommorrow. but winds turn more NNE later color me skeptical on ratio's where high qpf is model'd ....even at 300 feet in NE ri. If harv is right about mod/hvy snow bands sw burbs i'm just skeptical of ratio's on the interior CP....very skeptical even in bands.  

if the precip can blast 800' and up i feel much better about accums and ratio's improving just questioning when best qpf gets here. like for blizz area if he can get qpf i believe he will accumulate very nicely same for will and subdude.

Think its some upslope component with the east flow

that could make sense. I see why everyones saying no snow for down here, but there is a nice chunk of precip in NJ, isn't that going to come east eventually? Upton didn't have it snowing until 10 here, I'm a bit worried, but I think we still see some flakes, not from the huge band(which on the 12z and 18z models wans't going to hit us anyway), but we should get something...

Think its some upslope component with the east flow
This looks like a classic downslope for you imo. Yes there's deep layer easterly flow in the midlevels, but sfc/low level winds will be more NE/NNE. It'll all get squeezed out on the east side of the ORH hills and NW RI, while you sniff some of Will's exhaust. The 4km mesos are probably overdoing the orographic effects, but the downsloping looks real.

that could make sense. I see why everyones saying no snow for down here, but there is a nice chunk of precip in NJ, isn't that going to come east eventually? Upton didn't have it snowing until 10 here, I'm a bit worried, but I think we still see some flakes, not from the huge band(which on the 12z and 18z models wans't going to hit us anyway), but we should get something...

the stuff in NJ is moving WSW...that's not coming here...anything coming here from the main storm would be out over eastern LI or the Atlantic

The sun angle sucks shwety balls because it's snowed off/on all day here and nothing accumulated. As soon as it got past 5pm every flake stuck to colder surfaces here. If the precip rates are light, snowfall accumulation here during the day is not going to happen, especially not with small, cold snowflakes falling.

Both the nam and gfs had/has that band pivoting in, in fact the 4km hi res nam had it coming in earlier this evening, 3 hr increments below, absolute failure on its part, any snow we get would be coming from the east, not the WEST.  That band has crept a few miles north in the last few hours but is mostly west to east and hitting a brick wall. 

post-865-0-28109400-1362616267_thumb.gif

post-865-0-00254500-1362616279_thumb.gif

post-865-0-71752200-1362616287_thumb.gif

post-865-0-80208900-1362616295_thumb.gif

Archived