SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowing nicely 30. It snowed on and off here all day with little accum about an inch of paste stuck to all the trees and phone poles.

Driving through town this late this afternoon, my daughter (age 6) was impressed by the snow in the woods/on trees. She asked why it was all on one side..lol

Sticky stuff. Looks like an inch or so accum on my existing snow. About 0.5" to 0.25" on the walkway/driveway depending on the spot. Roads were very slick a little while ago

Snowing nicely. Looks like about 1/4" so far.

All of us N ORH county posters in action tonight. If we keep this nice little feed from the east overnight tonight, I wont be surprised if we pick up 2-3" by morning. That would be a real bonus before the main stuff gets in here.

All of us N ORH county posters in action tonight. If we keep this nice little feed from the east overnight tonight, I wont be surprised if we pick up 2-3" by morning. That would be a real bonus before the main stuff gets in here.

This is better than I expected... but it is really tiny in scale (at least on radar). I wish we had posters in FIT and Leominster.

If we get 2-3", I think might be the main stuff...lol

Will what is causing this nice snow tonight in the hills up there and down here? And why isn't it showing on radar?

I don't get why ORH spine was as low as it was. I mean I thought these weenie bands may give an inch or two anyways...(maybe more in spots) and then you figure it will be cold enough to claw their way uo to decent amounts. Snowfall isn't total snow OTG after it's over. It will probably compact a bit tomorrow.

Will what is causing this nice snow tonight in the hills up there and down here? And why isn't it showing on radar?

Strong easterly flow...it doesn't show up on radar well since most of it is low level...though the actual moderate snow does show up...but the light 3 mile stuff doesn't really show.

Archived