joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very light snow has begun, you can hardly see it out the window.

-skisheep

We had a little precip of round little BB like things coming down about mid-day. I could look it up, but too tired. Graupel? NWS calling for not much since it's a coastal storm, but snowboarding Friday and maybe a little fresh on top. No snow coming down here yet. Good luck you coastal people! 

I need about 3 more miles north on radar to really be in the game, what's falling is too light to do anything except eat into the QPF for when something fun happens. I think it's light snow based on obs from NYC forum, although it could be sprinkles, I don't think it is. 30 minutes or so things should start to get nicer.

-skisheep

I'm about 2 miles from wachusett, I can see the slopes and lights which helps judge visibility, so either the lights are off or visibilty is less than 2 miles. light snow here almost 1" down on the pavement

Nice...we have about a half an inch here I think...snowing pretty nicely right now. Nothing amazing at the moment, but a steady 2 mile -SN

OK you are a decent reference for me, I'm about 2 miles north of 95, but norwalk is slightly more north, so it balances out. 

We've got a problem though until tomorrow afternoon, no juice. The IVT if it materializes is the only ticket in town for any accumulating snow down here.....

The long awaited band of heavier echoes has finally rotated NW onto the coast....

The precip is a combination of bursts of light snow and light rain.

Whats interesting is that once the precip started in earnest, the temp jumped from 36.2 to 36.6

Winds are gusting in the mid to high 40's from the NNE.  Dewpoint stuck at 32. 

We've got a problem though until tomorrow afternoon, no juice. The IVT if it materializes is the only ticket in town for any accumulating snow down here.....

True, although I think we might pick up an inch tonight, some of the bands rotating in look decent. Lonnie Quinn on CBS just went 6"+ for NYC tomorrow and more north and east, and he's not usually one to hype...

-skisheep

True, although I think we might pick up an inch tonight, some of the bands rotating in look decent. Lonnie Quinn on CBS just went 6"+ for NYC tomorrow and more north and east, and he's not usually one to hype...

-skisheep

Relax. Sit back and let it unfold....the real show is tomorrow night into Friday morning.

Light snow here, some gusty winds.....36/30

Relax. Sit back and let it unfold....the real show is tomorrow night into Friday morning.

Light snow here, some gusty winds.....36/30

True, I see 3-6" tomorrow as the expectation, anything tonight or over that is bonus. I think we might verify the lower end of that, but really everything supports 3" except the GGEM, although it's probably better than NYC for here.

True, I see 3-6" tomorrow as the expectation, anything tonight or over that is bonus. I think we might verify the lower end of that, but really everything supports 3" except the GGEM, although it's probably better than NYC for here.

My personal advice is to look out your window, first. Then, step away from the console and just enjoy this 48 hour winter storm for what it is worth....

;)

Just drove from Logan up to Webster NH.  misty in Bos and 37, some snow falling exits 40-42 but not sticking on the  highway.  Pretty solid moderate snow crossing into NH....starting to stick on 93 between exits 1 and 4.  Then stopped or an occassional flurry until home where it is snizzle.  30 here.  No precip in CON down by the river but the snizzle up here probably due to a strong easterly flow and my 700ft of elevation.

Not a bad landing at Logan, thought it would be worse.

Nighty night everyone.  Still 10+ in my backyard.

Just did, it's beautiful! Light snow, temps crashing, going to be a fun 48 hours to wrap up winter! Time to get some sleep, good night to all, and to all a good night :)

-skisheep

My personal advice is to look out your window, first. Then, step away from the console and just enjoy this 48 hour winter storm for what it is worth....

;)

Snowing at a good clip.....strong winds. A winter scene. Car tops and colder surfaces look they are ready to surrender soon to colder temps and perhaps accumulate.

34/30

Ditto down here, really a nice way to end the day. Hopefully we see a nice coating of white in the morning!

-skisheep

Archived