joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This won't get to 78 for a couple reasons. Winds were stronger in 78, the snow (in CT) came down faster, it was a WALL of snow, and everyone was caught off guard.

This, though, will be up there in the pantheon of Feb 1934, Dec 1945, Feb 1978, and Oct 2011. 

Snow totals will rival it as a whole....astro tide doesnt and the onshore wind component not as long.

I will take video of my journey...just in case I fell and get stuck in a snow drift (happened to me in Feb 2006...was stuck for like 10-20 min) and die whoever finds me when spring comes can upload the video.

LOL.  Be safe but THANK YOU!!!  Looks like the worst of the snow rates in a huge swath from Greenfield, MA to Hartford to New Haven and over to Waterbury to Danbury to Bridgeport.  Connecticut is getting nailed.  

Congratulations! Incredibly EPIC blizzard! I hope this stays stalled out for days and days.

I can't get enough of your storm threads - I am just GLUED to em!

Enjoy this massive snowstorm!  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:

Someday a Cat 1-2 hurricane is going to come up the coast late November and get caught up in a full blown arctic airmass and cut off for 48-60hrs just south of CT/MA giving a widespread 7-12" of QPF.

In Stoughton Mass here.  I have no idea how much snow is outside, but it is an absurd amount.  It still feels like it is falling at 2-3" per hour and the winds are absolutely insane.

This is the f'ing perfect Blizzard.  I don't care where you are or how much you've gotten, it is insane all the things that have happened and come together and this is truly a blessing of a blizzard.

You are right, sir.  Some got winds, some got tides, some got snows, and some got phucked.  But we all got something out of the usual.  And that, THAT, is what matters.  

(Unless you're used to getting phucked, and so then we all apologize.) Or... maybe not.

Still just heavy snow and crazy winds with huge gusts but it appears the sucker hole is moving up to interrupt my beautiful inflow. Looks like stuff will fill in from the west eventually. Love this storm, just about time for bed. Excited to explore the winter landscape tomorrow morning :)

Just came in from getting more wood.  I've shoveled our patio 3 times so far.  It's a fairly protected area as it runs the length of the back of our house.  Not much drifting.  4" at 7pm.  An additional 10" at midnight and 3 more inches at 1a.m.  17" so far and it's snowing heavily right now.  15 degrees in Groton, Mass.  Winds out of the north at 24mph.

Archived