joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9th Storm Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, you'll be fine.  If you have 18" otg saturday don't even worry about what someone 20 miles from you had. 

Watch the radars, read the red taggers posts and enjoy a special wx event.

terrified about the shadowing here..it seems like every model predicts it...the only hope i have is that the effects are worse north of here..i am on the southern spfd city limits

i may never live to see model runs again in my life like this and i just happen to live in the wrong place, i just cant get over how it doesnt matter how monsterous these storms are, they cannot overcome the berks and worcestor hills...you would think i lived surrounded by the cascades on one side and the alps on the other side.

its not so bad when its all southeast of here but when the goods are all around and youre on the outside looking in, it stings even more.

lol, you'll be fine.  If you have 18" otg saturday don't even worry about what someone 20 miles from you had. 

Watch the radars, read the red taggers posts and enjoy a special wx event.

it should be noted that at least box mentioned it, as much as i wish they didnt, at least they did bc its better to be weary of it then see a broadbrushed 20plus like was done back in 05 by most forecasters ...jan 05

hopefully the gfs isn't onto something

Anyone know if there is still a way to post animated gifs?  It hasn't been working since the forum upgrade as far as I can tell.  I'd love to post some radar images, etc, throughout the storm.

Thanks!

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/38783-animated-gifs-no-longer-working/

Best as I can tell they work as hotlinks but not as attached files.

tumblr_lvxawtGfV81r7zaoqo1_500.gif

Gardeb state parkway is not moving. God damn it

95(Which is where I assume you are heading), is going to be no better, I would say after you go over the GWB get on the west side highway, go over the henry hudson, and work your way up to the hutch/merritt until exit 53 and then cut over to 95, since the traffic on the Cross Bronx and 95 in CT is miserable during rush hour. Merritt will be no picnic, but probably not as bad as 95. WEBE 108/107.9 FM is good for traffic in CT, after every song pretty much they update on 95 and Merritt.

-skisheep

95(Which is where I assume you are heading), is going to be no better, I would say after you go over the GWB get on the west side highway, go over the henry hudson, and work your way up to the hutch/merritt until exit 53 and then cut over to 95, since the traffic on the Cross Bronx and 95 in CT is miserable during rush hour. Merritt will be no picnic, but probably not as bad as 95. WEBE 108/107.9 FM is good for traffic in CT, after every song pretty much they update on 95 and Merritt.

-skisheep

ill give it a go. I assume you mean 87 north after GW

ill give it a go. I assume you mean 87 north after GW

Nope take the west side highway henry hudson bridge to the saw mill to the cross county to the hutch to the merritt to the wilbur cross to exit 54 which is a connector to 95, you come onto 95 near milford, avoid most of the heavy traffic. Again though listen to WEBE if it dosen't sound too bad on 95 take it all the way, but 95 is usually bad right up until 8:00 PM and often later.

-skisheep

Got live traffic on the phone. Checked out the various routes. Gonna try palisades to tappen zee its green all the way

Wouldn't, while it might be no traffic, much longer mileage wise.

What LL said should work, or to save a little time even though it's a bit more complex take my combo to the hutch and then take exit 26E for 287, runs you right into 95 and he is right, the traffic should be close to gone by then(lost track of time with all this weather!)

-skisheep

Archived