joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9th Storm Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the cusp of History in the making. OES should be starting around midnight. I can only speak from a personal perspective. Running on pure adrenaline, Three hours sleep. I don't know how many times in my life that this makes being in a Blizzard Warning. I mean a true Warning by the old criteria. A feeling unlike any other weather phenomenia. Awestruck, surreal, jaw dropping. The chase is always the best part in most cases because rarely does a storm live up to potentail. With such lead time and possible severity this feels so much different.       

i went out at 6pm to get gas...half the pumps were out of gas and the pumps that had gas only had premium left...people were angry and speeding in out of the gas station parking lots or going out the entrance screwing up traffic flow...it was unreal...

Medway, are you kidding me?  I wasn't in the office today but I didn't hear of anything like that...

Storms are fun, but what's the point in staying up all night? Whatever will happen, will happen. :)

Either you have "it" or you don't. I had a long talk with Paul Kocin at the conference in Providence, signed the KU book about like being crazy.

Many here have "it"

Hard to describe, a passion, cumpulsion that is driven inside, engrained in every fiber. Maybe a profession lost in youth and not pursued.

This is the beauty of this forum - the amatuer and professional, rich and poor. Share and learn because of "it"   

i went out at 6pm to get gas...half the pumps were out of gas and the pumps that had gas only had premium left...people were angry and speeding in out of the gas station parking lots or going out the entrance screwing up traffic flow...it was unreal...

Similar thing is happening here. Some stations are out, others running low, and where there is gas there are long lines forming. People are nuts. You'd think this is the last time you will be able to buy gas or a loaf of bread until spring.

Similar thing is happening here. Some stations are out, others running low, and where there is gas there are long lines forming. People are nuts. You'd think this is the last time you will be able to buy gas or a loaf of bread until spring.

Same thing happened when I went to fill up tonight. Thing is, if power goes out, gas stations don't work. That was a lesson learned in the Greater Hartford area one recent October. 

??

You said :  "Wayland is classic New England"  I'm surprised anyone knowing the town of Wayland could suggest that.    Perhaps a century or two ago, I'd agree.   I thought you were joking,  in reference to the other poster situated in Marlboro.

Either you have "it" or you don't. I had a long talk with Paul Kocin at the conference in Providence, signed the KU book about like being crazy.

Many here have "it"

Hard to describe, a passion, cumpulsion that is driven inside, engrained in every fiber. Maybe a profession lost in youth and not pursued.

This is the beauty of this forum - the amatuer and professional, rich and poor. Share and learn because of "it"

So we'll put, thank you. Also the reason why wife and friends don't get my obsession or why I need to look at my phone all the time in the winter. I've learned so much from this forum (and Eastern before it)....never met anyone (except Bob) but I feel like I know everyone's story. A very weird thing to say, but it's true.

Anyway....need to try to sleep because tomorrow night is not a night for sleeping.

Oh and also, I think it's sofa king cool that so many people are traveling here just for the storm. So much respect for that

So we'll put, thank you. Also the reason why wife and friends don't get my obsession or why I need to look at my phone all the time in the winter. I've learned so much from this forum (and Eastern before it)....never met anyone (except Bob) but I feel like I know everyone's story. A very weird thing to say, but it's true.

Anyway....need to try to sleep because tomorrow night is not a night for sleeping.

Oh and also, I think it's sofa king cool that so many people are traveling here just for the storm. So much respect for that

The next GTG - book it. I met the gang back during hurricane Noel. To this day I still giggle. You have to ask Bob about the trashbag. It ended up in Bermuda. :weenie:

I like you will be going to bed at a weenies reasonable hour. Without question weekend + Blizzard = catnaps. In this beast >85%  of no sleep.   :D

Archived