joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9th Storm Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ya it's a thing of beauty making it's way slowly up the coast and hasn't even met up with the northern energy.

the BTV WRF noaa meso model at 0z tonite (the 4km version) show'd NYC getting 2.15 inches of qpf in about a 6hr period tommorrow late evening between 4 and 10 pm. not sure how but i haven't seen this model do this before. phase is prolly occuring right around late fri afternoon.   

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/html/4kmwrf/index.php

I think pickles may be right and we tickle around 33 with the east flow and light snows during the day today especially close to the water.

SREFs have shown an average of 29-31 for BOS for basically the last 8 or so runs and are narrowing in on a 24-36" range.  I think they might actually be right.

:o  :o  :o  :snowman:  :snowwindow:

Lastest BOX P&C update for MBY: 28-40" *passes out*

• Snow, mainly after 9am. High near 32. Breezy, with a east wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
  • TonightSnow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 21. Windy, with a northeast wind 22 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.
  • SaturdaySnow, mainly before 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 23. Windy, with a north wind 22 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.
  • Saturday NightA chance of snow, mainly before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -8. Northwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Time to break-out the zoot suit....(big brown one-piece all terrain) dry-cleaned, ironed just for this type of storm.

My employer is stil expecting a body. Half drive, half public transport. MBTA shut-down at 3:30. To steal a Bill Murray line "don't think the heavy stuff comin' down for  quite a while"

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Archived