joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9th Storm Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm making the road trip to Boston tmrw from DC. Picking my bro up in Middletown DE and heading north. Should be into Boston by 3pm before the heavy snow begins. I was up w/ my GF last weekend and was excited for the inch we got. I can't pass this one up. Staying at the Holiday inn again near TD Garden. Heavy beer consumption will ensue.

So. I need some help. Apparently this ****ing hobby has gone and ****ed me over.

My CFO just dropped by. Usually he asks my thoughts, and I tell him, and somehow he's come to rely more on my information than on TV mets etc.

Today, he told me he's scheduled me for a 3 PM meeting with our entire VP suite. To present on the weather.

They're gonna want information by which to make a decision on closing the office or not tomorrow.

As much as I'd like to get all doom and gloom on them and get myself the day off, being correct is more important to me. I don't think things get serious until afternoon. But my real dilemma is when does the heavier stuff come in and start mucking up traffic.

I'm thinking we can get the workday in before that, possibly with an early release around 3 or 3:30 to beat the rush and the heavier stuff. Can I get some input on that?

I think most people can get a solid day of work in if they really want to ("really want to" being the key phrase LOL). By 4-5 PM though if you're not home you should be prepared to stay wherever you are.

Hey Brett,

I think after 1-2pm is when the steadier snows come and much up traffic. Not S+, but things may get bad as far as traffic goes after 3pm.  Before then..probably lighter snows that may not stick to roads much and be a nuisance.

Just told my boss if you have any issues, call Scott.

Done. :weenie:

:facepalm:

Gonna be rough in Marshvegas...even if they get a little rain. Hellacious winds.

The mild winters, everyone has kept their boats in the water.  All it takes is to get one to come loose.

This is a great webcam of Green Harbor. http://seatowsouthshore.com/

I might go stay down there tomorrow night. The house flexes in the wind.

Hey guys, I have no clue about weather up here, would Marlboro MA still be in range for high winds like Boston? 

Marlboro will not be bad, but closer to Boston the better I would assume. There are hotels near I-495/Rt 20 in Marlboro that are in a elevated section of town, and might be cheaper than Boston IMO.

It's uncanny how the folks in GC always are convinced that they'll be on the outside looking in for these huge bombs yet always manage to get completely owned by deform bands. Every single time the GC folks are so nervous about every shift and tickle left or right but inevitably they get the deform.

Maybe this will be the storm that the deform just misses them to the east but I highly doubt it lol.

The GFS and GEFS seems to think these QPF totals are way overdone.

Product of their further east track...but its coming back west again. If you recall when the GFS had a further west track yesterday, it was spitting out the 2.5" qpf totals.

Hopefully the CT News stations will have someone doing live feeds in the often ignored  NE CT (Killingly/Putnam area) as it will be the hardest hit in the state.

I'm going to setup my own live feed I'll share it :) I'm just not sure if I should do a high or low shot... I'm in Thompson hope that's good for you ;)

Archived