joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9th Storm Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol.  You came up here for this storm?  Where are you from?

Philadelphia, I am a true weather junky. Trip will end up costing me like 700 (had to tune up my car which included new battery, breaks, etc. lol)

In Philly we never really experience true Blizzard conditions unless you're talking about 96', I was only 10 then so I didn't get to fully enjoy it. This (hopefully) will be the first time since I was 10 that I experience 2 feet+ and high winds. 2009-10 10-11 storms in Philly kind of busted in my local in Northeast compared to surrounding areas except for Jan 2011. I am pumped up to say the least. 

Philadelphia, I am a true weather junky. Trip will end up costing me like 700 (had to tune up my car which included new battery, breaks, etc. lol)

In Philly we never really experience true Blizzard conditions unless you're talking about 96', I was only 10 then so I didn't get to fully enjoy it. This (hopefully) will be the first time since I was 10 that I experience 2 feet+ and high winds. 2009-10 10-11 storms in Philly kind of busted in my local in Northeast compared to surrounding areas except for Jan 2011. I am pumped up to say the least. 

Nice.  I like your spirit.

Hopefully you didn't blow that money for things to bust on you.

:snowing:

Nice.  I like your spirit.

Hopefully you didn't blow that money for things to bust on you.

:snowing:

Can you blame me? I haven't seen a 4"+ snowstorm in 2 years and only a 6hr drive from seeing 1-2 feet and 50mph winds. you only live once.

I mean all data seems to point to my locations being around the prime area, but that doesn't mean much, a lot can change. Id be happy with 15" for a 6 hr drive. I'm excited to say the least. Got breakfast downstairs today and heard the Boston accent for the first time in my life, I loled. 

Can you blame me? I haven't seen a 4"+ snowstorm in 2 years and only a 6hr drive from seeing 1-2 feet and 50mph winds. you only live once.

I mean all data seems to point to my locations being around the prime area, but that doesn't mean much, a lot can change. Id be happy with 15" for a 6 hr drive. I'm excited to say the least. Got breakfast downstairs today and heard the Boston accent for the first time in my life, I loled. 

I think you'll be in an awesome spot. There's really not much you can plan for WRT banding, that's sometimes well forecast but often difficult to pin down who gets into the best bands until the storm is almost underway.

You should definitely come into Boston for some sightseeing and good food today and toinght.  Check out the North End for some good italian or Newbury for some trendy places. 

I mean all data seems to point to my locations being around the prime area, but that doesn't mean much, a lot can change. Id be happy with 15" for a 6 hr drive. I'm excited to say the least. Got breakfast downstairs today and heard the Boston accent for the first time in my life, I loled

lolz.

Would love to be in that room - Philly accent and Boston accent together.

Funny. 

Hope we all get burried, and it makes your trip worth while.

That isn't the real Boston accent in Marlboro. Head in town and visit a bar in South Boston.

What was the storm 2 years ago for BOS that busted hard? Noyes was calling for 24" and we got zero. We closed our office at 10am on my recommendation and my boss was pissed the next day.

The bust to end all busts.  We're pushing hard for closing the office tomorrow, and he's bringing it up.

School districts have a potentially tough decision for tomorrow....What's people's thoughts on school closings/early dismissals? I'm guessing they could go full day here, but it obviously depends on when the snow starts/intensity.

I feel like they call it off to be safe and not have to deal with kids possibly stuck in busses for hours like a few years ago.

Archived