Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 8-9th Storm Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys posting from a reststop, i booked a hotel in marlborough ma, didnt like the 18z gfs centering the heaviest SE of where ill be, but even then Id get 2' of snow. How does marlborough usually run for snowstorms?

Well fairly confident they will  be west of the Coastal front which may impact ratio's during first half of storm. They usually do VERY well in Nor'easters.  If i was getting a hotel for the storm i would be pretty content in marlborough, where as boston you likely to deal with wet snows and always wondering if maybe it goes to rain or just sloppy sloppy snow for a time being, thou a mix in boston is not in forecast and winds will be much more impressive.  I'd just keep an eye on disco's regarding CF placement for better enhancement potential in additon to track.  Historically with storms over Bench mark looping and track E with High pressures in place i think that the area from N RI to say Medway/Walpole/Foxborough  (about 15-20 miles east and SE of you) have a history of jackpotting.

ps not sure if you were joking about getting their early to "see the town" but there is nothing to see.  Southborough house of pizza has some good food thou lol.  Worcester is a somewhat under-rated city and your closest bar scene (basically a bunch on one main road)

Out here I'd go in thinking 12-14 that way anything above is gravy. Remember how 2005 was a can't miss 18-24

Yup blizzard turn fizzard lol or atleast much lower then expected.... Seems like its the case more often than not here ie boxing day as well which looked like we might be jackpot in the beginning

Is the GFS/EURO solution going to close schools down here(Stamford, CT) friday? Obviously if there was school on saturday it would be closed, but not sure if they will close friday or not because of the rainy start? Some snow does come before the rain potentially, so could that have an impact?

Is the GFS/EURO solution going to close schools down here(Stamford, CT) friday? Obviously if there was school on saturday it would be closed, but not sure if they will close friday or not because of the rainy start? Some snow does come before the rain potentially, so could that have an impact?

If it still looks like this tommorrow night I wouldn't be shocked to see to Governer close schools for Friday, or atleast strongly urge

Well fairly confident they will  be west of the Coastal front which may impact ratio's during first half of storm. They usually do VERY well in Nor'easters.  If i was getting a hotel for the storm i would be pretty content in marlborough, where as boston you likely to deal with wet snows and always wondering if maybe it goes to rain or just sloppy sloppy snow for a time being, thou a mix in boston is not in forecast and winds will be much more impressive.  I'd just keep an eye on disco's regarding CF placement for better enhancement potential in additon to track.  Historically with storms over Bench mark looping and track E with High pressures in place i think that the area from N RI to say Medway/Walpole/Foxborough  (about 15-20 miles east and SE of you) have a history of jackpotting.

ps not sure if you were joking about getting their early to "see the town" but there is nothing to see.  Southborough house of pizza has some good food thou lol.  Worcester is a somewhat under-rated city and your closest bar scene (basically a bunch on one main road)

If I was doing that road trip I'd put myself in a town so I could walk around.  Worcester or somewhere in the Berks or something.  Actually if I could I'd go to the west side of Boston or something.

One of my cats died today. I remember right before the Boxing Day storm an uncle died and I contorted myself from not going to his funeral because I hadn't arranged for the dog. So I booked a flight on 12/27.....and of course it got cancelled.

So I'm wondering if historic snows and death go hand in hand.....

One of my cats died today. I remember right before the Boxing Day storm an uncle died and I contorted myself from not going to his funeral because I hadn't arranged for the dog. So I booked a flight on 12/27.....and of course it got cancelled.

So I'm wondering if historic snows and death go hand in hand.....

That sucks, I had to have 2 put down the last 2 yrs............. :cry:

You are all my bitches but my weenie friends. LOL Happy Happy Happy everybody Happy, patience indeed is a virtue. Kevin Will Jerry and I at the GTG hoped and thought eventually the pattern would yield a big storm, with luck it will. Wind is howling as the Arctic front passes. Jan 05 anyone?

This is a repeat Steve. May even go down as a bigger storm.

This is a repeat Steve. May even go down as a bigger storm.

I remember posting on Eastern there was no way I could give an accurate depth, crazy drifting. I settled out at 18 about the same as surrounding towns but much less than the Cape, I think this will occur again if all holds serve. If anyone can go visit Nollo Rollo, he is prime territory for the best of snow wind surf combo.

That sucks, I had to have 2 put down the last 2 yrs............. :cry:

Sorry for your loss Jerry, just like a family member. Saw a tweet today about someone's 82 year old grandma asking about the Euro, doncha know a coworker lady of 59 years old asked me at 2, what did the Euro show? I said what did you just say, she said I follow the Euro on Wunderground. Man did we become fast friends.

Archived