Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 8-9th Storm Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my cats died today. I remember right before the Boxing Day storm an uncle died and I contorted myself from not going to his funeral because I hadn't arranged for the dog. So I booked a flight on 12/27.....and of course it got cancelled.

So I'm wondering if historic snows and death go hand in hand.....

sorry to hear Jerry.

I remember posting on Eastern there was no way I could give an accurate depth, crazy drifting. I settled out at 18 about the same as surrounding towns but much less than the Cape, I think this will occur again if all holds serve. If anyone can go visit Nollo Rollo, he is prime territory for the best of snow wind surf combo.

There's so much time left between now and storm onset....I'm less confident than you for here. Winds and seas are going to be problematic, especially if we get into multiple tide cycles.

Maybe it was as simple as getting out of the pattern of northern stream dominance for the models to snap back. We will find out over the next 12 or so hours of runs. I'm not as convinced as everyone else that there is only positive upside at this juncture.

Jerry sorry about the kitty.

So how is the plowing up in CT? If the storm ends like 9am Saturday. What are the chances of leaving at that time and making it back to Harrisburg, PA by 5 pm?

In general, the highways should be in reasonable shape if the DOT can keep up with the rate of accumulation (however local streets may be a different story, depending on exactly which town you are in), but if the storm is an "overachiever", the Governor may decide to do something Governor-ish and declare all highways closed to non-emergency traffic, in which case all bets are off.

In general, the highways should be in reasonable shape if the DOT can keep up with the rate of accumulation (however local streets may be a different story, depending on exactly which town you are in), but if the storm is an "overachiever", the Governor may decide to do something Governor-ish and declare all highways closed to non-emergency traffic, in which case all bets are off.

Was thinking of going to Waterbury. Hopefully they don't close the roads lol.

If youre willing to go to waterbury just drive another 30 minutes and go to either torrington, Norfolk, harwinton, colebrook, new Hartford etc. All elevated hill towns with els. approaching 1400' (1800' in Norfolk)

Will make decision after tomorrow afternoons models. Probably leave around midnight.

So how is the plowing up in CT? If the storm ends like 9am Saturday. What are the chances of leaving at that time and making it back to Harrisburg, PA by 5 pm?

If we actually get 12"+ on the coast, 95 is going to be ugly, it's already usly most of the day without a snowstorm, so with 12"+ it could be very dicey...

-skisheep

I remember posting on Eastern there was no way I could give an accurate depth, crazy drifting. I settled out at 18 about the same as surrounding towns but much less than the Cape, I think this will occur again if all holds serve. If anyone can go visit Nollo Rollo, he is prime territory for the best of snow wind surf combo.

there will be some amazing drift pics to satisfy one of your fetishes

I can't believe the model output combine that with consistancy of every single one... EPIC!

I give a heads-up to a co-worker on Monday about a possible foot of snow incoming. Soon he told anoher and in twenty minutes I had the whole office questioning. Oh the snickering, jabs and healthy ragtime. Your basic weenie syndrone when you open your mouth... LOL

I bet many can relate?     

I can't believe the model output combine that with consistancy of every single one... EPIC!

I give a heads-up to a co-worker on Monday about a possible foot of snow incoming. Soon he told anoher and in twenty minutes I had the whole office questioning. Oh the snickering, jabs and healthy ragtime. Your basic weenie syndrone when you open your mouth... LOL

I bet many can relate?

Yep, I heard people ask about snow in class, couldn't help but interject lol

If we actually get 12"+ on the coast, 95 is going to be ugly, it's already usly most of the day without a snowstorm, so with 12"+ it could be very dicey...

-skisheep

95 probably won't be terrible. If there's any highway that will get a lot of attention it will be that one. Plus the heaviest snow will be out of here by midnight Friday night so plenty of time to get the roads in passable shape by morning. Few people will be on the road too which helps.

95 probably won't be terrible. If there's any highway that will get a lot of attention it will be that one. Plus the heaviest snow will be out of here by midnight Friday night so plenty of time to get the roads in passable shape by morning. Few people will be on the road too which helps.

True, but have heard horror stories of that road in snowstorms. For gods sake though whatever you do DONT TAKE THE MERRITT!, it will be a cluster$%% of epic porportions.

-skisheep

Archived