• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 30 Rain Event- Toasty temps Mt Tolland blows away

HoarfrostHubb

Midnight will be fine I think. Tomorrow morning could have a ton of delays...and hopefully winds stay under 50kts. Huge turbulence issues tomorrow morning I think.

Ok thanks. i was figuring after 2 or 3 am until about 12z things might get ugly but wanted your thoughts. 

tomorrow am definitely not a day i want to be taking off or landing. 

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok thanks. i was figuring after 2 or 3 am until about 12z things might get ugly but wanted your thoughts. 

tomorrow am definitely not a day i want to be taking off or landing. 

If it's widespread severe turb...nobody will be. I don't think it gets to that, but I imagine issues tomorrow at Logan for at least a few hours.

Jeezuz, I'm still looking out my window at ice encrusted branches.   I'm driving to Cambridge soon, should i bring shorts?   100 miloes is a world of difference in NE.

Try driving 15 miles W of you, lol. Probably 55F on the other side of the spine. .

Exacerbated by the 2-3' amounts previously forecasted. doubtful a 36 hr period of warm temps will be the issue especially with minimum snowpack to melt.

The ground is frozen here and cannot absorb anything, so virtually every drop of melted snow and rain water is going to flow right into local streams and rivers, which are also at least partially frozen.

I dont think ive ever seen this in a flood watch for Berkshire county

* THE COMBINATION OF MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN AND SNOW MELT ON  FROZEN GROUND WILL LIKELY CAUSE LOCALIZED SMALL STREAM FLOODING.  WITH SOME ROAD CULVERTS CLOGGED WITH ICE...A FEW RURAL ROAD  WASHOUTS ARE POSSIBLE. PAST HISTORY SAYS THAT EVENTS LIKE THIS  MAY ALSO PRODUCE SOME OF MUD SLIDES IN STEEP TERRAIN. BASEMENT  FLOODING IS ALSO POSSIBLE.

Nittany in the NNE thread brought up an interesting point... no cold record temps set during the previous arctic air outbreak but already several warm records set as of noon in the BTV/ALB warning areas, lol.

It doesn't take much these days to break warm records.

Yeah amazing isn't it?  Every cutter brings record warmth.

59.2 and cloudy here, pretty amazing.

Nittany in the NNE thread brought up an interesting point... no cold record temps set during the previous arctic air outbreak but already several warm records set as of noon in the BTV/ALB warning areas, lol.

It doesn't take much these days to break warm records.

Part of that was the unceasing wind, which prevented decoupling in most locations.  Also, IMO, last week's airmass was garden-variety bottom-of-winter cold, and its most noteworthy aspect was its duration, as week-long cold has been mostly absent for the past half-dozen or so winters.  Even Maine's 2009 record breaker had only 4 cons below-avg days at CAR.

TORCH 32.2F just went above freezing for the first time in 10 days!. Everything is glazed from last night Amazing just to my west in S VT its 62F. We hold on to CAD very well, will be interesting if we bust into the real warm air. Vis is near zero here.

I think even you do, but it probably won't be until the evening. You may come out of this with snow cover.

Archived