• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 30 Rain Event- Toasty temps Mt Tolland blows away

HoarfrostHubb

that is the higher probability. However do not be surprised if all of a sudden an hour before fropa you get your doors ripped off and there are 20k without power.

That popped into my mind as an analog....1/18/06. I think this is a hair stronger, but that day also had a wee bit of daytime heating. I had BINOVC that day, but I'm close to thinking gust near 50kts at BOS. Gonna be close.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That popped into my mind as an analog....1/18/06. I think this is a hair stronger, but that day also had a wee bit of daytime heating. I had BINOVC that day, but I'm close to thinking gust near 50kts at BOS. Gonna be close.

The 950mb winds at BOS get to about 55 knots it looks like. Over 70 knots on the Cape, lol.

Someone mentioned earlier that it seems like every big cutter brings record warmth to someone, and that's the way it seems to me too. Meanwhile, I honestly can't remember the last time PWM set a new record low. I noted in another thread last week that the top 17 lowest temps recorded there occurred prior to 1981.Seems like the warmth almost always over-performs, while the cold is muted.

Someone mentioned earlier that it seems like every big cutter brings record warmth to someone, and that's the way it seems to me too. Meanwhile, I honestly can't remember the last time PWM set a new record low. I noted in another thread last week that the top 17 lowest temps recorded there occurred prior to 1981.Seems like the warmth almost always over-performs, while the cold is muted.

The last record low at PWM was May 11, 2010...low of 29F.

Most of our record lows will be prior to 1981 anyway given how much colder we were in the 1950s-1970s.

Peeked at my PWM data.  Shows that their coldest 23 readings happened 1984 or earlier.

Temp    # days     Most recent

-20/lower   15       1980  (Day after Christmas)

-19/ "        23       1984

-18/ "        33       1994

-17/ "        42       2003

-16/ "        58       2009

Peeked at my PWM data.  Shows that their coldest 23 readings happened 1984 or earlier.

Temp    # days     Most recent

-20/lower   15       1980  (Day after Christmas)

-19/ "        23       1984

-18/ "        33       1994

-17/ "        42       2003

-16/ "        58       2009

Thanks. Funny -- I have no recollection of that 2009 reading. I must have been traveling.

Anyway, hoping for some decent wind and maybe a rumble of thunder tonight so we'll at least get some entertainment out of this torch. I've got no interest in losing power, though.

Thanks. Funny -- I have no recollection of that 2009 reading. I must have been traveling.

Anyway, hoping for some decent wind and maybe a rumble of thunder tonight so we'll at least get some entertainment out of this torch. I've got no interest in losing power, though.

May have to move the generator to the front of the shed just in case, Can't afford to have the sump pumps not working

Big Black River - minus 50.

12z gfs has PWM winds at 12z tomorrow 90k at 850, almost 80k at 925, surface pressure at 983.  Three hr later, EPO winds are 6-8k stronger with a slightly lower bar.  Can't remember seeing 925 winds in Maine this strong before, tho I'm sure it's happened.

Archived