Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 30 Rain Event- Toasty temps Mt Tolland blows away

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bufkit at PYM tonight.

There will be a big time inversion tonight, but soundings are increasingly showing this near isothermal layer in the lowest levels. Mechanical mixing alone should be enough to get those winds down to the surface. And if you check out the winds below the inversion, we're still talking near hurricane force.

well look at the Meso, the 925 winds have  max right near you, look to your west and surface obs. I just want to know what make the LLJ strengthen, that is all . 

Well we're seeing right now on the mesoanalysis is really leftover LLJ from the convection that was going on all night.

We're going to see this low pressure quickly develop as it tracks NW of the area. Euro for instance takes it to 982ish by 06z, approaching 970 by 12z. Check out the winds at 500 on up through 300, huge jet streak rounding this trough and big time diffluence aloft. All this mass leaving the column will be replaced by something, that will be the reinvigorated LLJ that kicks up tonight.

Mind you I just woke up, but I think that's about as well as I can explain it.

Well we're seeing right now on the mesoanalysis is really leftover LLJ from the convection that was going on all night.

We're going to see this low pressure quickly develop as it tracks NW of the area. Euro for instance takes it to 982ish by 06z, approaching 970 by 12z. Check out the winds at 500 on up through 300, huge jet streak rounding this trough and big time diffluence aloft. All this mass leaving the column will be replaced by something, that will be the reinvigorated LLJ that kicks up tonight.

Mind you I just woke up, but I think that's about as well as I can explain it.

Very succinct and clear. Thanks!

just stoppin by, latest box disco poo poo's any hope of much at all on sun or tues in the future, super fast flow, no blocking, lack of abundant moisture source, lower than advisory level snows.

With all that being said, it's a wonder what an inch of snow cover and cold temps can do for creating a winter wonderland. Here's hoping one returns superbowl sunday for a bit. Enjoy the winds tonite. It's 60F and gustin like a mother.

34.1F...haven't lost much snow at all yet. Driveway is a mess and there's still snow on roofs and trees.

I'm noticing my wind beginning to pick up (2mph lol) out of the W so I wonder if we're close to mixing out. A bit to my east and 70ft higher in Belmont it's in the mid 40s.

Archived