Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread

Fozz

lol...or looks good at "next year".

all kidding aside...the reality is that we're in a rut and it's hard to break out of ruts.  it takes work.  we're gonna need a bigtime pattern changer, and i'm not experienced enough to know when that will be.  i do appreciate weather like this, though...if it's not gonna snow at least i don't have to be outside freezing my ass off.

persistence really is a b**ch....hopefully we have a nino next winter

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The euro run is a lot more promising than the GFS run...Lots of model mayhem...I wouldnt write off the 8-10th

I did a CWg article that got waylaid by comcast e-mail server problems and then the incoming line of convection.  I don't like the 8th- 10th at all unless the mean 7 day pattern is really way off.   The mean by the 9th is a warmer than normal pattern so you'd have to be extremely lucky to get anything.   The southern stream getting going is nice if we can get a storm to go to our south.  Initially, I don't think they will.  

DT said something about next weekend, I believe the 10th, possibly a coastal. Showed above precip on graph up the coast  Dont know exactly what graphs he was using but it showed precip to just inland including the main I-95 cities.Also , I think he said snow too.

Now that is what I call a definitive forecast lol.

I did a CWg article that got waylaid by comcast e-mail server problems and then the incoming line of convection.  I don't like the 8th- 10th at all unless the mean 7 day pattern is really way off.   The mean by the 9th is a warmer than normal pattern so you'd have to be extremely lucky to get anything.   The southern stream getting going is nice if we can get a storm to go to our south.  Initially, I don't think they will.  

I was thinking more about day 10....the euro doesnt look great but it isnt awful either and it has a storm and one behind it

Did you read what you wrote?

DT said something about next weekend, I believe the 10th, possibly a coastal. Showed above precip on graph up the coast  Dont know exactly what graphs he was using but it showed precip to just inland including the main I-95 cities.Also , I think he said snow too.

that is what I wrote, I,m simply telling you what he said. and you replied

Now that is what I call a definitive forecast lol.

If you dont call that a definitive forecast with day, date precip type and type of storm , then I dont know what to tell you!! I,m a newbie but read and listen to all points of views To me that is definitive. If not you so be it!!I,m done posting. .

I've seen a lot worse patterns than the 18z GFS at day 10...rex block/split flow so we get a southern stream and systems move across the south.....it is not an otherwise great pattern but it could deliver something small-medium

I've never though the last couple lr runs were "terrible". Not showing snow is one thing but it's not like there isn't cold air available and the ridge west keeps re-establishing itself over and over. The pv isn't static so it flexes and wanes its influence in the ml's over and over. I've conceded that a nice -nao prob wasn't happening. All things considered we're looking pretty good. At least imo anyways. 

I've never though the last couple lr runs were "terrible". Not showing snow is one thing but it's not like there isn't cold air available and the ridge west keeps re-establishing itself over and over. The pv isn't static so it flexes and wanes its influence in the ml's over and over. I've conceded that a nice -nao prob wasn't happening. All things considered we're looking pretty good. At least imo anyways. 

All I've watched for all winter is getting enough of a W coast ridge to usher the clippers down our way.  We have seen that happen some and I would like to think we will cash in on one with some STJ assistance.

Archived