EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Jan 25th Winter Weather Observations

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, here's the video I took earlier.  Road is now covered in sleet.  Freezing rain mixing in making it a nice skating rink.  We have some crazy college students who live down the road from us.  They were intentionally racing there cars to the intersection and then turning the wheel hard to spin their cars in circles.  Crazy!!  They're going to be lucky if they don't run into a pole or something.  Too bad I didn't get video of their antics, though.

I think that hole closes in over the next hour and rates will increase across the region.

Will be anxiously awaiting word on whether it makes it from the mountains to your neck of the woods.

I am here. Hitting the ground with 50 50 ip and fr. Maybe a few flakes mixed in!!!

Also, zero wait time. the lightest returns netted fr and then ip.

Sleet has cranked up here now...was hoping for mainly snow here in the Triad. I feel for the people still at work. It's hard to drive on sleet !

More likely to quickly go over to freezing rain. Compared to that sleet is high traction. Freezing rain at 23º is in a league all its own. Nasty, nasty stuff. Park the car.

23.3º with moderate freezing rain. Not a drip to be found. Freezing on everything as it hits. Sloped cement driveway now impossible to walk up. This could get interesting in the next few hours.

I have a ZR/IP mixture up my way.  Things are really looking ugly out there.

I'm not used to seeing freezing rain actually cause problems on the roads, but with temperatures near 20, that changes things...  I'm hoping we can switch back to more IP, but we'll see.

freezing rain and sleet is coming down pretty good in Thomasville. 23 per the car therm. roads were already pretty slick from the first round we had i would imagine they are really bad now judging from the way our parking lot looks and the rate the precip is coming down.

I'll take being in the hole.  Roads are still getting slick though, and listening to the scanner there are a lot of accidents.  The ice on the roads is causing havoc for sure.

I believe we warned of that, weren't we?  I can't quite recall, but I seem to remember somebody mentioning that ice on the roads might cause havoc.  Nah, maybe it was just my imagination.

B)

Archived