• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Jan 25th Winter Weather Observations

WilkesboroDude

There is a VERY heavy yellow band on radar in the SWVA mountains...I am praying it makes it over. Right now I have light sleet. I'm hoping that heavier precip can come down as snow, but at this point, it looks like it could end up a sleet storm. Please make it over!

I am still pleased, regardless of what happens from here on out. I have a nice coating of powder with maybe more (or sleet) on top. As long as we can keep away from the ZR, tonight will be a fun night of adventuring. :D

23° and Sleeting here in Bassett.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you getting any freezing at all on surfaces? we have the usual decks and metal surfaces freezing over here in soddy daisy, icicles from roofs too. roads are fine though.

Really only on car tops . Roofs are dripping but no icicles. Basically only surfaces that support really efficient evaporative cooling.

Large batch of precip is knocking on my door.  Looks like this will be the event for MBY.  Temp is nice and cold at 25.3 with a DP of 15.  I expect the temp to drop a degree or two when the precip finally gets here.

I've tried multiple times today to get my snow blower working but the whole thing is froze over.  That's what I get for leaving it outside.

Blacksburg is going to bust on 1-3 inches of snow...I just went to heavy sleet. Snow is done east of the mountains IMO.

This is going to be a sig. sleet or freezing rain event depending where you are.

You might get 1"+ of sleet, though, if this band holds together.  Recall that 0.5" of sleet puts us in Winter Storm Warning Criteria.

Archived