Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Jan 25th Winter Weather Observations

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roads are literally a skating rink here.

I can't comment since I have yet to leave the house today.  Working in education has its benefits!  But this might make my decision easier regarding whether or not to go get a pizza for the family for dinner.  Wanted to get something fun, but I also want to keep my car (and me) in one piece.

I can't comment since I have yet to leave the house today.  Working in education has its benefits!  But this might make my decision easier regarding whether or not to go get a pizza for the family for dinner.  Wanted to get something fun, but I also want to keep my car (and me) in one piece.

Are you getting any lingering freezing drizzle over your way?

I'm glad this turned out to be a good bit of sleet instead of ZR. Now that it's winding down in the Triad, was there more WAA than was progged which turned the Triad's snow/sleet to sleet/ZR? Trying to learn from this ... TIA...

-Oops - meant to post this in the discussion thread, but if anyone can provide some explanation, it's much appreciated !

25 with light freezing rain/drizzle on and off.  looks like about .10" ice - not bad but certainly not great lol. was hoping for at least a little heavier burst and enough to see easily on the trees.  roads, decks, etc are all completely glazed over (nothing moving in town from what i could not hear a few minutes ago out side haha) but just didnt have enough qpf to get a really decent icing event.

This is a really good little storm.  Finally something without having marginal temps.  ZR mixed with the IP now.

Agreed! Great little event, now if we can somehow manufacture a 3-5" snow event this would be a great winter for are area. Although snow events have been hard to find for the east coast, the MA and NE are really struggling to do anything.

Archived