EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Jan 25th Winter Weather Observations

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a little backbuilding on radar??

It's not over yet.

Sleet ending here. Good coating on the ground. We had enough ZR to amount to maybe .1" or a little more. Roads are covered, but slushy where driven on. I'm sure that'll change once the clouds clear tonight.

Roads will be even worse tonight and in the morning.

Bitmap? Really? What is this, 1996?

Haha!  I know, right?  :axe:  I don't have any idea how to edit stuff other than using Paint, so that's why I usually don't do it.  Of course, it saved it as a BMP and I didn't catch it in time.  But I fixed it now.  Anyway, I still have a flip phone with one of those little antennas on it, so a bitmap is not too far off the ranch for me. :)

Just drove from Gastonia to Shelby on I-85/US74-- roads were a little slick, but driveable. I didn't see any wrecks or people who had slid off the road. There has only been one wreck reported in Shelby. Overall, just a nuisance event.

Roads are starting to dry -- I wouldn't expect many problems in the AM.

Haha!  I know, right?  :axe:  I don't have any idea how to edit stuff other than using Paint, so that's why I usually don't do it.  Of course, it saved it as a BMP and I didn't catch it in time.  But I fixed it now.  Anyway, I still have a flip phone with one of those little antennas on it, so a bitmap is not too far off the ranch for me. :)

Paint.NET. It's free and let's you do some fancier editing stuff without all the difficulty (and price) of Photoshop.

Just drove from Gastonia to Shelby on I-85/US74-- roads were a little slick, but driveable. I didn't see any wrecks or people who had slid off the road. There has only been one wreck reported in Shelby. Overall, just a nuisance event.

Roads are starting to dry -- I wouldn't expect many problems in the AM.

There will be big problems in the a.m.

Archived