Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/25-1/26 Storm Disco Thread

NOVAForecaster

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's snow has gone from a pleasant surprise to a major disappointment.  Hours of light snow, and even some periods of moderate snow, have gone to waste as I watch snow melt on contact at a temp of 28F.  I've even lost a large portion of yesterday's snow also.  Had this simply occurred at night I'd certainly at least equaled yesterday's total.  I'm watching snow melt at 28F in JANUARY.  Unreal.

Today's snow has gone from a pleasant surprise to a major disappointment. Hours of light snow, and even some periods of moderate snow, have gone to waste as I watch snow melt on contact at a temp of 28F. I've even lost a large portion of yesterday's snow also. Had this simply occurred at night I'd certainly at least equaled yesterday's total. I'm watching snow melt at 28F in JANUARY. Unreal.

You seem hard to please. Snow from 7:45 til probably dark? When we were expecting pc?

I'll take it. It's been an awesome winter day.

The two bands (one NW of Leesburg and one over Shephardstown) around 4-4:30 were legit SN bordering on +SN.  Both whitened the ground in less than 5 minutes when I was driving through them even though air temp was around freezing and insolation had made the ground temps even warmer.

first, this wasn't even forecast--how can you not be delighted at an all day surprise snowfall?

second, why does a total matter? if you're a snow lover, it's beautiful outside for us right now--there is snow on the ground and it's been snowing most of the day. who cares if it melts? if it fell at night it wouldn't be easy to see out of every window to enjoy.

there are folks in this forum who would LOVE to have had this day.

yup

Archived