• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/25-1/26 Storm Disco Thread

NOVAForecaster

well, 1st time I recall seeing this.....moon to my east, sunset to my west and snow still falling

Same conditions IMBY -- and while I would've preferred to receive more than the .1" to .2" that has accrued on paved surfaces, the combination of conditions that mitchnick describes is, well, just a bit sublime. BTW, it's 22 degrees.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm waiting for the pivot. ;) Book it.

This winter sux. Sun angle will wipe out most of this by the end of tomorrow....Mark my words.

That said, we have an extra hour this time of year.

Maybe I should move back closer to the power plant?

I'm waiting for the pivot. ;) Book it.

This winter sux. Sun angle will wipe out most of this by the end of tomorrow....Mark my words.

That said, we have an extra hour this time of year.

Maybe I should move back closer to the power plant?

Wind was out of the S for this storm, the power plant did squat this time around. In order for a chance of enhancement, low level winds have to be out of the NE and the lowest 100mb are mixed and at some point within that 100mb the temps are below -10°C

It'll be interesting if DCA reports the same or more snow than the last one. Definitely less in the city.

They will probably report higher amounts from this underperforming storm compared to the the overperforming clipper...it's bizzaro world out there.

I think it has something to do with the dryslot, snowhole, jet exhaust, snowflake formations, sun angle, cloud seeding and power plants, etc.?

1.7 Total for both storms? 1.7" would be 75 to100% higher than anybody else has reported outside of the MD Panhandle.

I measured on the back bumper of my car from today only. Maybe not the best place to measure? I don't know. Eh. What's the difference. I'm just praying for a better February.

well, 1st time I recall seeing this.....moon to my east, sunset to my west and snow still falling

That's pretty cool.

I may be the only member who posts here that lives in a town that doesn't plow or treat the roads at all for small snowfalls.  There was still a thin frozen cover on the roads this morning from Wednesday morning's event, before the couple of inches that fell today. Snow seems deeper on the roads than it does in the yard.  Sun angle was no factor today.

Archived