Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be glad when we are back where winter exists.  Moving back to the northern Shenandoah Valley, this summer. Was there during the 2009-2010 Winter and I was the one who measured 37 inches the state high for the Feb 5th blizzard.   Can't wait. Mountains, snow, and fun. 

I just saw a family of moles headed for the beach.

They heard about the southeast ridge and wanted to sea it for themselves :)  I told them to head for Edisto Island, conjure up some major cad.  They are riding the supersonic geese so they can get back quick after the magic, 2 weeks off, warm to cold reversal.  So many are worried about the Pac. when it's the se ridge that's keeping us sad.  Got them trying to beat that sucker down, while you waste your time making buckets of ice happy to see you :)  T

It gonna get cold 18z GFS :whistle:  People remember we throw it out if we don't like it!!! 18z don't have all the data... Man we have short memories. lol :facepalm:

I was just thinking how the Tenn folks can do well with a clipper, but we haven't even been able to pull one of those.  I think the models aren't giving us the full gamut of scenarios that probably won't happen.  We have so little choice in things we want to keep or  throw out.  I think its time they vary the input...you know like corking the bats, and juicing the balls :)  T

Interesting.  Now that I know what to call the event, I found this on wikipedia:

Well, we definitely did not have distilled water in that bucket, so it must be a pretty rare event to see it occur with rain water.  Hence, probably why I had never witnessed that particular ice phenomenon before.  Best I can figure, the water must have had a thin frozen layer on top that developed a crack.  Then the liquid water forced it's way out of that crack and froze once it reached the cold air.  Intersting...

Thanks, jburns.

Rain water is basically distilled water.  The evaporative process removes minerals and contaminants.  Its not 100% pure because a small amount of contaminants can be picked up falling back through the atmosphere.

They heard about the southeast ridge and wanted to sea it for themselves :)  I told them to head for Edisto Island, conjure up some major cad.  They are riding the supersonic geese so they can get back quick after the magic, 2 weeks off, warm to cold reversal.  So many are worried about the Pac. when it's the se ridge that's keeping us sad.  Got them trying to beat that sucker down, while you waste your time making buckets of ice happy to see you :)  T

It will be a battle to the end

We are bucking a big time trend.

i-CGKD5rz-L.jpg

Even more astonishing is the imbalance between all-time records. According to data from NOAA's National Climatic Data Center, there were 356 all-time high temperature records set or tied in 2012, compared to four all-time low temperature records. All of the all-time record lows occurred in Hawaii.

Only thing I can think of is Jack Frost needs a woman......now.

:lol:  I thought the same thing  :hug:

Maybe those happy buckets of ice could help the moles remove the ridge that keeps us sad   :ph34r:

Ha!  Those movie people are so full of it.  Like blind critters would lust for buxom blondes, and be afraid of the sun.  My moles are weather moles, and as such are only interested in making it precipitate, not some Hollyweird fantasy.  I liked the masks..... though I much prefer the Resident's general  mole oeuvre :)

T

I won't be posting as much...taking 19 credit hours this semester and I need to focus. And I have a few lecture classes without computer access.

Will be available to create threads after 3pm each day or anytime Fri-Sun.

lol...I'll believe this when I see it. You'll find a way.

Meanwhile, Greg Fishel on WRAL says this might be another case of Lucy pulling away the football. #240HoursOut

Greg Fishel@gbfishel

Funny how there is so much talk about frigid air in the long term, but very little about incredible warmth starting later this week!

Greg Fishel@gbfishel

Oh and by the way, ECMWF says "not so fast" on the incredible cold a week out and beyond. This carrot has been dangled since late November.

Greg Fishel@gbfishel

The SPCA needs to get involved with forecasters who insist it'll still get very cold in the SE US. If the horse isn't dead, it's suffering!

Greg Fishel@gbfishel

As verification time draws near, once again we see the apocalyptic arctic outbreak go up in smoke. Reality leads hype 10-0

Archived