Newest Member
    Dump Trump
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I :wub: hooters

Me too.  I like how they hang out in pairs.  You rarely see one without the other.

An old owl was perched on a tree on top of a hill one very cold night. He looked down in the valley and saw a light in a window so he decided to fly down to the window ledge in hopes there was some warmth escaping. Well sure enough it was warm, so he fell fast asleep. He didn’t know that there were two veterinary students inside studying for final exams.

The two veterinary students spotted the owl and decided to use him as practice. They eased the window open and gassed him.

The first student looked down the owls throat and said he has tonsillitis, so he operated.

The other looked at his butt and announced that the owl had hemorrhoids, so he operated.

They placed the owl back out on the ledge.

The owl woke up very groggy and flew away.

The next winter that same owl was perched on the same tree on a very cold night.

A young owl landed next to him and said brrrr it sure is cold out tonight.

The old owl agreed.

The young owl noticed there was a light down in the valley and suggested they both fly down there to the window ledge and maybe find some escaping heat.

The old owl replied "no way”, last year I did the same thing, passed out, woke up drunk and for the next six weeks I couldn’t sh*t worth a hoot or hoot worth a sh*t.

He posted earlier that he was working a 28 hour week and wouldn't have time to post much.

Okay - so taking into account the Law of "Wilkes Logic" that would equal somewhere around a 17% reduction rate.

Now with this new information, I can certainly count on another 283% to get us there.

Inform me on what knowledge you have acquired today.

That you may have stalking attributes perhaps?

I learned this^^.  I learned that you don't know when to let something drop.  I learned that apparently I feel the need to respond to an insincere question even though it's pointless.

I learned that it was okay to work a force/tension problem with 3-D vectors when the directed distance was measured in centimeters even though the magnitude of the combined resultant force was measured in newtons = kilogram-meters/second^2, because we were simply using the original vectors for directional purposes and the constants would vary based on whether we stayed in centimeters or changed to meters, but the resultant tensions would all work out anyway.

Hmm...It was quite the informative day.  :)

I learned this^^.  I learned that you don't know when to let something drop.  I learned that apparently I feel the need to respond to an insincere question even though it's pointless.

I learned that it was okay to work a force/tension problem with 3-D vectors when the directed distance was measured in centimeters even though the magnitude of the combined resultant force was measured in newtons = kilogram-meters/second^2, because we were simply using the original vectors for directional purposes and the constants would vary based on whether we stayed in centimeters or changed to meters, but the resultant tensions would all work out anyway.

Math = Win

http://vimeo.com/45341738

I found proof that global warming is real.

i-8m4F5Ms-L.gif

So this afternoon about 4 I sit down at the arbor to grind on some opal rough.  Now that stuff is muddy so I run a lot of water on the wheels and pretty soon my hands and forearms are getting pretty muddy.  Then starts up this biting on my arm.  So I slap it and go on.  Here it is again, so I slap it and scratch it.  (No Burns it's nothing like the frozen water.)  After a bit more grinding I'm slapping it again.  And my mind goes deep...whoah.... real deep...because I'm a sensitive, thoughty guy.  So I'm thinking this could be some kind of primeval blood sucking extremophile that lay in the ooze of a swamp millions of years ago, after killing all the dinosaurs.  And it some how survived being petrified with the detritus, and shot with opal, and now it's passed into the mud.... and it's on my arm ....and it's going to .....  and that's when I saw the danged mosquito, in fact a herd of them.  They hadn't skipped a beat.  Warm up to the right trigger temp and it's "hey, boys, lets swill some blood".  Then it got too deep... way, way deep,.... 'cause I'm thinking, maybe these mosquitos are the prehistoric, blood sucking extremophile horrors that killed the dinos and now they are after us!!!

And later I'm going to light the grill and a caterpillar is walking in front of me.  Hell, we haven't even left fall yet.  The danged crawlers are still trying figure out what kind of weather to predict.  It's still fall and I've got to live in Off again if I'm outside.  Those tigers are fiends in the late afternoon.  T

So this afternoon about 4 I sit down at the arbor to grind on some opal rough.  Now that stuff is muddy so I run a lot of water on the wheels and pretty soon my hands and forearms are getting pretty muddy.  Then starts up this biting on my arm.  So I slap it and go on.  Here it is again, so I slap it and scratch it.  (No Burns it's nothing like the frozen water.)  After a bit more grinding I'm slapping it again.  And my mind goes deep...whoah.... real deep...because I'm a sensitive, thoughty guy.  So I'm thinking this could be some kind of primeval blood sucking extremophile that lay in the ooze of a swamp millions of years ago, after killing all the dinosaurs.  And it some how survived being petrified with the detritus, and shot with opal, and now it's passed into the mud.... and it's on my arm ....and it's going to .....  and that's when I saw the danged mosquito, in fact a herd of them.  They hadn't skipped a beat.  Warm up to the right trigger temp and it's "hey, boys, lets swill some blood".  Then it got too deep... way, way deep,.... 'cause I'm thinking, maybe these mosquitos are the prehistoric, blood sucking extremophile horrors that killed the dinos and now they are after us!!!

And later I'm going to light the grill and a caterpillar is walking in front of me.  Hell, we haven't even left fall yet.  The danged crawlers are still trying figure out what kind of weather to predict.  It's still fall and I've got to live in Off again if I'm outside.  Those tigers are fiends in the late afternoon.  T

Just one question.  Who the hell feels a mosquito bite while they are busy doing something else?

Archived