joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the 6z GFS ensemble members has a snow bomb for NC and VA at hour 204.  Keep in mind that this is for entertainment purposes only.  Check out member 005.  I don't know how to isolate the graphic and post it here.  Besides, it might cause some of us snow weenies to have heart palpatations. WARNING:  Look at your own risk.  You may want to consult your physician before you click the following link:

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/gfsensemble/members/06zsnowf204.html

Ok, let the fantasy snowstorms begin!  Crank up the DGEX and JMA and enjoy the ride!

One of the 6z GFS ensemble members has a snow bomb for NC and VA at hour 204.  Keep in mind that this is for entertainment purposes only.  Check out member 005.  I don't know how to isolate the graphic and post it here.  Besides, it might cause some of us snow weenies to have heart palpatations. WARNING:  Look at your own risk.  You may want to consult your physician before you click the following link:

Ok, let the fantasy snowstorms begin!  Crank up the DGEX and JMA and enjoy the ride!

At least it's less than 240 hours out. Still far away, though. I guess it's possible. A lot of times we have had winter storms here right after a big warm up. The rubberband snapping back. So, I would not be surprised if this is the one huge storm we get this winter that I have been talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get anything, either.

At least it's less than 240 hours out. Still far away, though. I guess it's possible. A lot of times we have had winter storms here right after a big warm up. The rubberband snapping back. So, I would not be surprised if this is the one huge storm we get this winter that I have been talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get anything, either.

Brick, are you setting us up to take credit for The Big One if it happens this season? Wouldn't that cause the masses to be obligated to impeach your WOTY status? As a voter and a member of this weather world, I'm seriously concerned about your reputation.

LOL...

http://glossynews.com/funnyhitman/weather.php

From the Jan forecast thread:

Euro is ever so close for folks in NC but the cold air just doesn't make it in time. My weenie side says to like this run since it shows how if we get a few things right this could be a big one. However it's 200 hours out so there is plenty of time for it to totally become non existent. 

I would be interested, but the carrot has been dangled in front of us all winter.

And for some reason that reply was deleted. Whatever. Fishel is right. People don't want to hear the truth.

I would be interested, but the carrot has been dangled in front of us all winter.

And for some reason that reply was deleted. Whatever. Fishel is right. People don't want to hear the truth.

For some reason?  Your post contributed zero to the actual weather discussion.  It belongs in this thread.  Besides, its the same mantra you have been saying all winter.  Everyone already knows to take the long term forecasts with a grain of salt.  It does not need to be repeated ad nauseum.

Do you even know what the **** you're talking about?  What exactly was Fishel right about?  Not a friggin' thing yet (regarding his take on upcoming cold). If you can't see that things may be changing, then you really really really do need to start studying before posting.  I am a skeptic, but even I concede that it's worth looking at more closely.

How in the name of everything holy does someone have time to post 2,000+ comments all stating the SAME thing?  Does Guinness know about what you have accomplished?  It would be worth a call to find out.

He's right about the carrot being dangled in front of us since late November and nothing to show for it.

It's pretty simple Brick.  Just stop.  

You must realize by now that no one is dangling anything in front of you.  You are simply receiving interpretations from people who look at what guidance is dangling of front of themIt's not their fault that you decided a long time ago to forego learning it yourself because you'd rather just take people's word for it.

Even then, it's really not their fault that the atmosphere may decide to abandon it's plan and do something different than what it said it would do earlier.  You're married - you should understand that concept.

So again, it's pretty simple.  Just stop. 

Then you will have no one to blame for pulling the rug out from under you, or anything to cause you grief and disappointment.  Your stress would ease and your carpel tunnel caused by the constant repetitive posts would be less inflamed.

I have 2 balls stuck in a tree. According to my expert calculations from the knowledge I have acquired here, I need a 18.7 MPH gust, sustained for 6.3 sec, coming from the SSE 15 degrees of E for ball A to drop. And a gust of 12.3MPH coming from 5 degrees west of due  North, sustaining 4.5 sec of blow time for ball B. The likely hood of this to come together before the dog and I get bored and go get a 3rd ball, meteorologicaly speaking is slim. Thank you for the education guys... Carry on.

Archived