• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

I really wanted to like Brier. He knew his stuff. He also said he was an NCSU grad, which made me like him more because I was accepted into their meteorology program a few weeks ago. Every time he started to argue, I thought "nooo, don't make me dislike you!". Oh well. 

Congrats! Don't worry in 4 years you can fill his shoes. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cumberland Gap, Newfound Gap, Pennington Gap, Massie Gap, Elkwallow Gap, Big Stone Gap....

Hey, I go to Big Stone Gap everyday. Really boring place especially for a college!

It got past 60 today even with the overcast so I got another 9 holes of golf in and no I didn't lose my balls in a tree. But that has actually happened before in a tournament.

Assuming it is who I think it is, which I am not 100 percent sure, he's not a bad guy. He's a passionate meteorologist, and has a great mind for synoptic meteorology.

Either way, that escalated quickly. Internet forums are weird places as it is, but having disagreements without facing a person makes people act out if character sometimes it seems.

Oh well, lets get some winter weather, amirite?

Per chance, that wouldn't be a Ned "The Head" Ryerson reference, would it? :thumbsup:

Its similar to hurricane Sandy and the Carolina Crusher.

Lolz. Gravity waves are "waves" that arise to re establish equilibrium when air is moved from its level of equilibrium. Not sure how to accurately state this without jargon, but it is similar to if you throw a rock in a calm lake, you will observe ripples moving outward once the rock hits the water. The ripples, so the speak, are a form of energy acting to disperse all of that added energy outward.

Gravity waves are everywhere all the time in weather, and very important in weather... What makes you ask?

Had a patty melt with hash browns, scattered, smothered, and covered today.  Excellent.  Of course, then I smelled like waffle house the rest of the day, but it's a small price to pay for that all greasy goodness.

I find that after eating at the Waffle House, I spend a lot of time the rest of the day explaining to people that, no - I did not go bowling on my lunch hour.

Archived