• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUT, the fog this morning is certainly encouraging. As it is said:

When fog appears on 1/11

The days till snow draw down to 7

We'll see if it works out this time.

Not so quick.

EXTENDED FORECAST DISCUSSIONNWS HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK MD1249 AM EST FRI JAN 11 2013
THERE IS GENERALLY VERY GOOD AGREEMENT ALOFT WITH THE PATTERNEVOLUTION AMONG THE 12Z/10 MODELS/ENSEMBLES. HOWEVER... THEGFS/UKMET REMAIN QUICKER THAN THE ECMWF/CANADIAN AND MAJORITY OFGEFS/ECMWF ENSEMBLES TO EJECT A CLOSED LOW OUT OF THE SOUTHWESTERNCONUS BY WED/D5. IN ADDITION... THE GFS BRING THE POLAR VORTEXFARTHER SOUTH THROUGH HUDSON BAY AT A QUICKER PACE THAN THEENSEMBLES DO. THE ECMWF SHOWS VERY GOOD AGREEMENT WITH THE GEFSAND ECMWF ENSEMBLES OVER THE SOUTHWEST/SOUTHERN PLAINS AND OVERTHE NORTHEAST... AND WAS USED HEAVILY IN MUCH OF THE FORECAST. BYTHE END OF THE WEEK... THE 12Z/10 ECMWF WAS QUICKER THAN BOTH THE12Z/10 ECMWF ENSEMBLE MEAN AND SLOWEST 18Z/10 GEFS MEAN TO MOVETHE SW CUTOFF EASTWARD INTO THE LOWER MS VALLEY. TRENDED TOWARDTHE ENSEMBLE MEANS GIVEN THEIR GOOD AGREEMENT.

Well, just have to keep pulling for the Euro to keep it up and to be right, and for the other models to fall in step. Of course, that still isn't a guarantee.

And what did BrierCreek get banned for? I went back and read everything and didn't see anything really for him to get banned. Just seemed like a good debate to me.

He requested his account be deleted. Milo put a link somewhere where the request was made. I'm too lazy to go look for it.

Not so quick.

EXTENDED FORECAST DISCUSSION
NWS HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK MD
1249 AM EST FRI JAN 11 2013
THERE IS GENERALLY VERY GOOD AGREEMENT ALOFT WITH THE PATTERN
EVOLUTION AMONG THE 12Z/10 MODELS/ENSEMBLES. HOWEVER... THE
GFS/UKMET REMAIN QUICKER THAN THE ECMWF/CANADIAN AND MAJORITY OF
GEFS/ECMWF ENSEMBLES TO EJECT A CLOSED LOW OUT OF THE SOUTHWESTERN
CONUS BY WED/D5. IN ADDITION... THE GFS BRING THE POLAR VORTEX
FARTHER SOUTH THROUGH HUDSON BAY AT A QUICKER PACE THAN THE
ENSEMBLES DO. THE ECMWF SHOWS VERY GOOD AGREEMENT WITH THE GEFS
AND ECMWF ENSEMBLES OVER THE SOUTHWEST/SOUTHERN PLAINS AND OVER
THE NORTHEAST... AND WAS USED HEAVILY IN MUCH OF THE FORECAST. BY
THE END OF THE WEEK... THE 12Z/10 ECMWF WAS QUICKER THAN BOTH THE
12Z/10 ECMWF ENSEMBLE MEAN AND SLOWEST 18Z/10 GEFS MEAN TO MOVE
THE SW CUTOFF EASTWARD INTO THE LOWER MS VALLEY. TRENDED TOWARD
THE ENSEMBLE MEANS GIVEN THEIR GOOD AGREEMENT.

Dude....

He requested his account be deleted. Milo put a link somewhere where the request was made. I'm too lazy to go look for it.

Do all accounts that get deleted receive the title of becoming banned? Why would someone request their account be deleted when they could just move on?

Not saying you are wrong I just had some questions.

Do all accounts that get deleted receive the title of becoming banned? Why would someone request their account be deleted when they could just move on?

I hate not being able to multi quote but here is the link midlo quoted...http://www.americanw...orum/?p=1990741. His post was # 705 in this thread.

As far as accounts that get deleted showing up as banned, I'm not sure. A mod would have to answer that question.

I filed this one under the analogy of "if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, did it make a sound?

Answer..................who cares?  haha

Well now that I am all caught up on the banter I will put my 2 cents worth in the pot. Brier seemed like a really intelligent met to me. Sometimes really smart people are a little off in personal skills & this may have been the case? A weather forum is no place for someone who acts like the 1st grader in a sandbox, who has a temper tantrum & threatens to take all the toys home with them if you don't play by their rules. Now please quit the damn Waffle House talk as you guys are making me hungry & lunch is hours away! If you don't I will be forced to report you & ask to be perma banned myself. :yikes:

Not like there is anything else going on to talk about now. People keep talking about chances of snow that never come, or the arctic outbreak that is coming, so I might as well keep saying that cold without snow is a waste.

Or you could just resist the urge to post the same post that you have made for the last 5 years. Do you still copy and paste to the Accuweather boards too?

Or you could just resist the urge to post the same post that you have made for the last 5 years. Do you still copy and paste to the Accuweather boards too?

I don't go there anymore. All they talk about is the NE and mid-Atlantic.

I  just think getting excited over cold weather is pointless unless there is snow coming with it.

Not like there is anything else going on to talk about now. People keep talking about chances of snow that never come, or the arctic outbreak that is coming, so I might as well keep saying that cold without snow is a waste.

What you need to do is watch WRAL weather every night....When Fish mentions snow then come back here to read what's going on. You know Fish isn't going to mention it unless there is a good chance of it happening. If you do this you won't have to worry about discussions of possible snow 7 to 8 days out. Just an idea.

Archived