joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps it's time to explore ancient winter forecasting techniques(with a twist) while the models disco around what the future may hold for us. I am prepared to inspire you with my vast knowledge of useless facts.

I found my balls this morning, wet , just as I had forecast last night. Snuggled together behind the shed, they had picked up several hitchhikers on their journey through the thickets. My artistic mind couldn't help but notice how much they now resembled a Woolly Booger. Native Indians predicted the upcoming winters by the placement and length of the black bands on the larva. Was Mother Nature trying to give me the scoop on the remainder of winter ? Having made several measurements and calculations I firmly predict 3 bouts of close call winter precip to talk about between now and March23rd. I also firmly predict that in between those bouts Brick will complain about "cold air with no snow...blah blah blah" 47 times.

Had a hard drive crash, and simultaniously lost my inner web connection.  Worked thru the night to get up and running, only to find I had to dig though 7 pages of tree balls, and butt hurt, Brickabrac, and Met Euthansia.  But what chaps my chicklets, is finding that "Ad Hominem" gets Bevo points, but "Oeuvre" gets squat!  What...  so Latin is fine but Olde English not so much?  How can I get myself banned from banter?  T

Perhaps it's time to explore ancient winter forecasting techniques(with a twist) while the models disco around what the future may hold for us. I am prepared to inspire you with my vast knowledge of useless facts.

I found my balls this morning, wet , just as I had forecast last night. Snuggled together behind the shed, they had picked up several hitchhikers on their journey through the thickets. My artistic mind couldn't help but notice how much they now resembled a Woolly Booger. Native Indians predicted the upcoming winters by the placement and length of the black bands on the larva. Was Mother Nature trying to give me the scoop on the remainder of winter ? Having made several measurements and calculations I firmly predict 3 bouts of close call winter precip to talk about between now and March23rd. I also firmly predict that in between those bouts Brick will complain about "cold air with no snow...blah blah blah" 47 times.

2i8bpzt.jpg

:)

Had a hard drive crash, and simultaniously lost my inner web connection.  Worked thru the night to get up and running, only to find I had to dig though 7 pages of tree balls, and butt hurt, Brickabrac, and Met Euthansia.  But what chaps my chicklets, is finding that "Ad Hominem" gets Bevo points, but "Oeuvre" gets squat!  What...  so Latin is fine but Olde English not so much?  How can I get myself banned from banter?  T

Ewww.

And Old English is still derived from Latin.  But back to the "inner web".....ewww.

I'm still waiting for pics of said balls.

It is sad to report that after making my measurements and calculations, the dog grabbed ball B off the table and dropped it into the lake off the dock. Ball A, on the other hand lost most of it's hitchhikers in a struggle to remove it from said dog's mouth.

I also have to admit that I would have to wait for our IT executive to get home from school to figure out how to post a pic.

Had a hard drive crash, and simultaniously lost my inner web connection. Worked thru the night to get up and running, only to find I had to dig though 7 pages of tree balls, and butt hurt, Brickabrac, and Met Euthansia. But what chaps my chicklets, is finding that "Ad Hominem" gets Bevo points, but "Oeuvre" gets squat! What... so Latin is fine but Olde English not so much? How can I get myself banned from banter? T

Your humors may be out of alignment. I would recommend a nice tonic of some sort. :D

Ladies and gentlemen, your WOTY!!  That is the recipe to create your dynasty in American Wx lore:

The setting:  several decades into the future

New posters will beg to be told of the great times when we could count on Brick Tamland to utter, "Cold air without snow is a waste!" at least once per day during the months of November - March.  Of course, being the youngest (that I know of) amongst us, only Wilkesborodude will be left to regale others with these legendary tales.  He will have assumed his position as board sage (along the lines of jburns and dsaur) and dispense his vast wisdom garnered from life experiences to pass on to the neophytes.

What shall we call this dynasty?

It's Bricktastic!

A Bricktasy!

Tamlandalicious!

hmm.........

Suck Fest?

Ladies and gentlemen, your WOTY!!  That is the recipe to create your dynasty in American Wx lore:

New posters will beg to be told of the great times when we could count on Brick Tamland to utter, "Cold air without snow is a waste!" at least once per day during the months of November - March.  Of course, being the youngest (that I know of) amongst us, only Wilkesborodude will be left to regale others with these legendary tales.  He will have assumed his position as board sage (along the lines of jburns and dsaur) and dispense his vast wisdom garnered from life experiences to pass on to the neophytes.

It's Bricktastic!

A Bricktasy!

Tamlandalicious!

hmm.........

Brickalicious

It's Bricktastic!

A Bricktasy!

Tamlandalicious!

hmm.........

How about Brrrickelot?

It is sad to report that after making my measurements and calculations, the dog grabbed ball B off the table and dropped it into the lake off the dock. Ball A, on the other hand lost most of it's hitchhikers in a struggle to remove it from said dog's mouth.

I also have to admit that I would have to wait for our IT executive to get home from school to figure out how to post a pic.

:lmao:

Archived